anluis' "The easiest way" worked for me! Yea! Kudos to anluis. The random success and failure of recommended fixes is baffling.
Happy New Year!!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
So just recently today, I keep getting this message when I try to find album info for songs in my WMP. It says "500 - Internal Server Error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed" in the display box where I'd normally browse to find the album information.
I've never seen this message pop up before, and I was adding songs to my library like two days ago with no problems, so what's up with it right now? And more importantly, is there anything I can do to fix it?
I should also add that it seems to do this randomly, and even for songs that I already have added in my library. Clicking "find album info" on some songs will bring up the proper display, and others will give me that error message. So yeah, I haven't a clue what's up with this thing and I'd really appreciate a fix sometime soon.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
anluis' "The easiest way" worked for me! Yea! Kudos to anluis. The random success and failure of recommended fixes is baffling.
Happy New Year!!
Hooray. Mine works too.
bye
MIne works too! TGoodness.
I never did successfully get the rollback or reinstall of WMP earlier version to work.
Well.
Just finishing replying, i've got an update and after rebooting the problema got solved.
Too bad we'll never know what really happened.
So fine we're back.
I asume solution is installing this update
(running Windows 7 ultimate)
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3001554)
Installation date: 01/oct/2014 01:28 p.m.
Installation status: Successful
Update type: Recommended
Install this update to resolve issues in Windows. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3001554
Help and Support:
I just tried using it through WMP and it is finally working again. I checked this morning and it was still not working, but I just tried it again and this time it worked!!!