Windows Media Player 500 Internal Server Error

Anonymous
2014-09-22T01:20:32+00:00

So just recently today, I keep getting this message when I try to find album info for songs in my WMP. It says "500 - Internal Server Error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed" in the display box where I'd normally browse to find the album information.

I've never seen this message pop up before, and I was adding songs to my library like two days ago with no problems, so what's up with it right now? And more importantly, is there anything I can do to fix it?

I should also add that it seems to do this randomly, and even for songs that I already have added in my library. Clicking "find album info" on some songs will bring up the proper display, and others will give me that error message. So yeah, I haven't a clue what's up with this thing and I'd really appreciate a fix sometime soon.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-12-31T21:59:35+00:00

anluis' "The easiest way" worked for me! Yea! Kudos to anluis. The random success and failure of recommended fixes is baffling.

Happy New Year!!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-10-01T20:25:08+00:00

    Same thing countryside of Toluca, Mexico...

    Before I started, I used to browse allmusic.com to find out more other facts about artists, releases and whatever additional info of all kind of music. I've been using WMP for the past 12 years arranging my music library which is larger than 1,500 asorted albums and found WMP my best choice for ripping CD's because metadata info comes from AMG libraries. i. e. allmusic.com

    I wonder if this is a problem on Microsoft's or AMG's side?

    Who cares?!!! Nor had given an answer far from a solution, anyway! Avoid blaming Microsoft or AMG, but both! We all expect and demand an explanation.

    On the mean time I continue working on my music library ripping on iTunes by selecting mp3 so I can get albumart, genres, release dates, artists and not too accurate and sometimes uncomplete composers and then copy to the WMP folder and updating album info from AMG (wich is absurd) and applying multimedia changes. That's 3 times the work, but that's ok with me because I've made the most of my time syncing my iPod, too!

    Good luck you all and let's hope (with all due respect) these two **** musical-software developers assure us all sing Aleluya!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-30T22:09:57+00:00

    Same thing.  500 - Internal server error on fai.music.metaservices.microsoft.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-30T06:06:38+00:00

    I did-She wanted $149. to do a remote

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-29T07:38:37+00:00

    At this point, I think there's no doubt in anyone's mind that this is clearly a problem on Microsoft's end. However, I agree wholeheartedly that they at least need to ACKNOWLEDGE the problem and issue some sort of statement about it. I wouldn't even care if they're still trying to fix it, a simple message on their website or where ever else relevant to post it explaining that there's a problem with the server and that they're working on it would be appreciated. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

    It's like someone else said earlier on, they'll most likely get it fixed at some random point in time and then not say a word about it. Frankly I wouldn't care if they did that either. I don't care about knowing why the problem exists or what caused it to happen, I just want it dealt with quickly and efficiently the minute someone brings it to attention (preferably even sooner than that).

    For the time being, I've downloaded Winamp because I've got music I want to rip onto my music library and I'm not about to sit around and wait for Microsoft to get their act together on this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments