What errors are showing in Event Viewer that relate to the issue? Do you see the following?
THERMAL SHUTDOWN\
If yes, put the system in a cool place and allow it time to cool down.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
I downloaded the update 8.1, tried to install but not succeed. Always after restart, about 7% or more it shut down and rolled back to Win 8. Error codes are 0xC1900101 and 0x2000C. I saw on some forums that it was because the hard disk is encrypted, so I deactivated BitLocker but always the same errors. That is very frustrated. Hat someone the same issue? Any ideas to solve this problem?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
What errors are showing in Event Viewer that relate to the issue? Do you see the following?
THERMAL SHUTDOWN\
If yes, put the system in a cool place and allow it time to cool down.
Same with me. I have my laptop fully charged and plugged in when this happens. I will try to post a video of it happening.
Have you tried using the links here?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only
Click on the control panel
click on action center
click on troubleshooting
under the system and security click on "fix problems with windows update"
when it doesn't find anything click on try troubleshooting as an administrator
When finished, retry Windows 8.1 installation
Sounds feasible, except for the fact that my laptop is fully charged and it was off no more than a minute before I turned it back on. My laptop stays fully charged, I do not run the battery down.
I noticed something recently and I am wondering if others can check this out and see if it is true. The error occurs during the setting things up part. During it, the computer just shuts off. When that happened I immediately turned it on and it only stayed on for a second before tuning off again. I waited longer and it stayed on longer. The longer I waited, the longer it stayed on until I got to the point where the battery charged enough. If anyone has an old handheld gaming thing (DS, gameboy, psp) and you let it run out of battery all the way, and turn it back on as soon as you plug it in, you will see it turn on and off. The longer it stays plugged in the longer it stays on until a certain point where it just stays on. This is exactly what I saw happening. This leads me to believe it is a battery error. Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears almost everyone with this issue has a tablet or laptop. What it looks like to me is the update is murdering the battery and using up way to much energy or the drivers (as mentioned above) for the battery are having issues. There are no driver updates for anything involving my battery and according to Toshiba my laptop is supported for the update. I may be completely off here. People with this issue can test it out for themselves. When your device shuts off during setup, immediately turn it back on. It should cut off pretty quickly. Give it a few minutes and it will stay on longer or successful boot. Anyone have any ideas about this?