Windows Location Provider not working in Win 8.1

Anonymous
2013-10-25T13:29:08+00:00

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded to Win 8.1 just a week ago. However under Device Manager, I'm seeing warning symbol against the Windows Location provider. It says it is not working. I tried to update the driver, but it says its already up to date. I tried using Here Maps and couple of other apps which use location services, but my location is not correctly determined.

Earlier in windows 8 it used to run perfectly with accurate location. Please help me with this issue. How do I resolve it ?

Any help appreciated.. Thanks..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-20T10:56:33+00:00

    I am having the auto-refresh problem in windows 8.1 and I am using HP Pavilion n004tx laptop. When I checked the view-log it is sometimes showing error in Windows Location provider driver. When I checked the driver it is showing error sign and i tried the steps that you have mentioned here. But the issue didn't resolve. Please help as this problem is not getting resolved and I am very tired of it. 

    Thanks and regards,

    Umang Goyal

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-16T16:54:05+00:00

    Hey, 

    I am having the auto refresh problem in my hp pavilion n004tx pc with windows 8.1 64bit pro . I checked the log and there's problem with the windows location provider under sensor . But it's showing it worked correctly in device driver tab. I tried to update but its already up to date and uninstalled and restarted but the problem is still there of auto refresh pc continuously. I installed the latest chipset drivers from hp support. Still no solution. Kindly resolve the issue . 

    Thanks, 

    Umang goyal

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-27T17:25:08+00:00

    I expanded "Sensors" and it does not show "Windows Location Provider".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-08-21T06:22:48+00:00

    I recently upgraded to win 10 and my computer doesnt have the windows location provider driver please i need to reinstall.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments