Event Error 10010

Anonymous
2013-11-05T17:01:20+00:00

I keep getting the same 2 event errors in Windows 8.1

I did find that when these 2 events happen is at the exact same time that WINDOWS DEFENDER runs a in the background a quick scan. I have checked 4 days in a row the first error is always exact time as Windows Defender scan and the other is a minute later. I can run Windows Defender manually without any errors. I don't know if  Windows Defender is the cause, but the time the error happens it seems it might be.  There  seems to be no operational problem other then the Errors showing up in the Event Viewer.

Any help will be appreciated ,thanks

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:51:37 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:51:37.389716000Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2251</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2116" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/5/2013 3:52:07 AM

Event ID:      10010

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          ANTONIOBEAR\BabyAnthony

Computer:      ANTONIOBEAR

Description:

The server {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

  <System>

    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>2</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-11-05T08:52:07.735850900Z" />

    <EventRecordID>2252</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="784" ThreadID="2248" />

    <Channel>System</Channel>

    <Computer>ANTONIOBEAR</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-459621091-243105708-2682539697-1001" />

  </System>

  <EventData>

    <Data Name="param1">{1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE}</Data>

  </EventData>

</Event>

-

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-19T18:53:53+00:00

    In my case I think I've found the stimulus that causes the error, and I appear to have stopped it from happening...

    In the Task Scheduler, once you expand Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows, scroll down and click on SkyDrive, you find two scheduled jobs, "Idle Sync Maintenance Task" and "Routine Maintenance Task".  I found that disabling both of these jobs has caused the error message to cease.

    I don't think disabling these jobs will be a good solution for everyone, since there may be useful things that these jobs [are supposed to] do, but for me, since I have no interest in SkyDrive, disabling them is fine.

    I hope this helps someone.

    -Noel

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-05T20:27:56+00:00

    Hi Ronnie

    thanks for the quick response, I didn't have those errors in Windows 8.0 and Windows 8.1  was a clean install to a New SSD.

    I have been looking for a cure for this for several weeks in that time period that's all I seen was DCOM error 10010 {1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE} and {BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001} in windows 8.1, I'm not just talking for myself  but also for the others that are having the same issue, You said the errors are meaningless for the end user and only for the software developers, I trust what your saying but intact Event Viewer is saying something is wrong, cant Microsoft get a fix for this ?  

    Were the errors caused by Windows Defender ? 

    Ronnie I'm not trying to be a pain or put you in a bind  I'm a 71 year old,  my father told me if you don't ask questions you wont learn !

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-05T19:04:52+00:00

    Hi

    These Event errors about timing issues are meaningless for the computer end user.

    They are only useful for the software developer when optimizing the software programs they are developing.

    These timing issues are measured in Milliseconds (1 / 1,000) of a second). Most timing issues can not be detected unless you are using a developer tool to measue them.

    You can safely ignore these errors.

    Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-11-05T23:17:20+00:00

    Hi

    Sometimes the way the Event Viewer works can be incomprehensible to someone looking at it for the first time.

    You did mention that "There seems to be no operational problem other then the Errors showing up in the Event Viewer".

    This was the reason why I mentioned that these timing errors are usually noted in Milliseconds. This time period is usually so short that the end user will not even notice any effects in the software.

    The Event Viewer is designed to report these events as errors, even though the event may not create any error messages or noticeable effects in the UI.

    The errors may be created when Windows Defender runs, but the exact cause would require running special developer testing tools to pinpoint the exact problem. It could be anything, such as another software program or driver that may be using a large amount of resources.

    This is why I recommended that this error can be safely ignored.

    I also recommend that you spend some time looking through the Event Viewer and note the errors that you find. You will probably be surprised to find thousands of these errors in a typical system.

    Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-18T18:01:16+00:00

    Hey Ronnie,

    No disrespect intended, but your answer is insufficient.  People should NOT be advised to just ignore errors!

    There are those of us who would prefer our event logs to be clear of all errors, which would indicate the system is running entirely properly.  It has been possible to accomplish this in the past!

    There's some evidence that the error message "

    The server {

    BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001

    } did not register with DCOM within the required timeout." is related to SkyDrive (specifically, "Automatic Maintenance task to enable SkyDrive file sync to make progress while in Connected Standby")

    On the system on which I see this message I don't use nor want SkyDrive support.  It is set up with a local account.  The above message implies some part of the SkyDrive software is still trying to run.

    What do I have to disable to stop these events from happening once a day?

    -Noel

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments