Asus M80TA stylus is not working I2C HID Device Error Code10

Anonymous
2014-04-25T19:03:01+00:00

Hi,

I have an M80TA Asus vivotab note 8, which has worked fine for almost 2 months. Then suddenly the stylus wasn't registered, but after a reboot everything seemed to work again. The next day it happened again but then the stylus stopped working at all. I receive code 10 error message regardless whether the wacom driver is installed or not. I also went through the latest wacom driver install / remove, removed the display adapter but to no avail (this was suggested in a related thread).

I've reinstalled the whole windows wiping the whole drive, but still nothing. The same error 10 appears. Is it possible that the wacom stylus has gone out of work? Are there any fixes I should download from Microsoft?

Please help me in solving this issue.

Roland

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-26T16:01:27+00:00

Hi Roland,

Let’s check the following registry location:

Note: You need to log in as administrator to perform this task.

Important: Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

  • Use your hand to perform these steps.
  • Press Windows key + R key.
  • Type regedit in the run box, hit Enter in the keyboard.
  • In the Registry Editor, navigate to the below location:

*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class*

  • You should see a long list of registry subkeys, try to find the below registry key.

4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318

  • Right click on it and click Delete.
  • When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
  • Exit Registry Editor.
  • Restart the computer.

If the issue still persists, please contact the Asus support.

http://vip.asus.com/FORUM/

Try these steps and let us know the results.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-17T06:23:09+00:00

    Now this is strange. I also had this problem once, it was then gone for months and now it comes back. Might even have been the same day as yours. I am however sure it's the cable.

    Do you want to know how I fixed it the first time? I accidentally dropped it hard onto the concrete. The shock probably realigned the cable and the stylus was working again. Not sure whether I should do that again 😄

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T12:04:58+00:00

    Hi,

    Deja Vu!

    The problem comes back in a matter of few weeks to two months.

    Mark my word.

    Kind regards

    Wilfred

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-12T18:42:42+00:00

    Hi All,

    I had the same issue.

    I uninstalled all of the HID drivers from device manager.

    Then, I did a restart 9as this will re load the drivers).

    And Bingo!! It worked.

    Many hours spent trying to resolve this.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-16T09:34:23+00:00

    Hi, Roland

    Today, I experienced a surprise fix for the Wacom stylus.

    Instead of uninstalling the I2C HID Device, I uninstalled the Nokia 111 Bluetooth earphone drivers.

    Soon afterwards I found the stylus working again.

    I hope it is a permanent fix. I don't know how to uninstall the Nokia 111 drivers from my Vivotab as it seems to come back after rebooting. It may have had a conflict with the stylus drive.

    It may be good idea to uninstall all conflicting Human interfaces and reinstall them leaving the Wacom stylus driver intact. Try and see.

    Kind regards

    Wilfred

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments