Blue Screen Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter

Anonymous
2014-04-21T16:42:04+00:00

Hi Sirs;

Today I installed an optional update from Windows update for my (Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter) Driver for Windows 8.1, and it cause Blue screen to my laptop and I was unable to log to my laptop Toshiba Satellite L755 until I remove it from Safe Mode, and I don’t know what is the problem?

For information after I remove it the new Driver update the Blue Screen Fixed.

 https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A5147C30EDFD0866!789&authkey=!AN97c-s78ABPeWY&ithint=file%2c.rar

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-11-11T11:11:57+00:00

Hey All 

I have a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter installed into my Qosmio F750 Laptop. Once upgrading to Windows 8.1 from 8.0 my wireless network adapter no longer worked. I've read all the discussions and nothing helped. The following steps got mine working without having to install new drivers or anything like that.

Follow these steps and you away:

1 - Open up windows explorer

2 - Right click on 'This PC' and click on Properties

3 - Click on 'Device Manager'

4 - Expand network adapters so that you can see the driver name. It had a yellow triangle underneath it for me.

5 - Right click on the driver and select 'update driver software'

6 - Select 'Browse my computer for driver software'

7 - Select 'let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'

8 - Mine comes up with two drivers, they are both called the same but one has (Microsoft) at the end the other had (Qualcomm Atheros Communic.......)

9 - Select the one that ends in (Microsoft) and click next.

10 - Crack a beer and enjoy glorious wifi again

This worked for me and hopefully it'll work for you too!

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-02T19:21:20+00:00

    Thanks a lot.Also fix my problem.One question...after that installation did you stop updates or continuous with normal procedure (via windows update)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-03-31T19:36:39+00:00

    I have a Toshiba Satellite with an Atheros AR9002WB-1NG that was running fine in Windows 7 Pro, I updagraded to Windows 8.1 Pro and it was a total chaos, constant Blue Screen reffering to IRQL not less or equal as well as an athwbx,sys error.

    First: Do not update the network drivers through Windows Update, if you did, perform a system restore earlier to that update, then, uninstall the device drivers and download the following drivers to the Atheros:

    Version: 10.0.0.303

    Status: WHQL

    Dated November 2014.

    **You can find it at:**https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=31&system=6

    This solved the problem completely. Hope it helps you guys as well, because it was a real headache to find the correct drivers.

    Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-14T20:09:47+00:00

    Hi Lance,

    Thank you for sharing the information with us. This would help others facing similar issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-06T16:34:31+00:00

    Hi Sirs;

    Today I installed an optional update from Windows update for my (Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter) Driver for Windows 8.1, and it cause Blue screen to my laptop and I was unable to log to my laptop Toshiba Satellite L755 until I remove it from Safe Mode, and I don’t know what is the problem?

    For information after I remove it the new Driver update the Blue Screen Fixed.

     https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A5147C30EDFD0866!789&authkey=!AN97c-s78ABPeWY&ithint=file%2c.rar

    Thanks but I have tried everything it is my computer my computer tech should never of installed new system on this computer should of got new computer but got new computer tech and he checked everything out on my computer and said get new computer or just wait till a different drive comes out like I have said we did a fully uninstall of every Qualcomm Atheros drive on my system and tried installing new one will not install plus tried other drives as well but the one I have now is more up to date then other one that wouldn't install I think my best bet is new computer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments