Blue Screen Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter

Anonymous
2014-04-21T16:42:04+00:00

Hi Sirs;

Today I installed an optional update from Windows update for my (Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter) Driver for Windows 8.1, and it cause Blue screen to my laptop and I was unable to log to my laptop Toshiba Satellite L755 until I remove it from Safe Mode, and I don’t know what is the problem?

For information after I remove it the new Driver update the Blue Screen Fixed.

 https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A5147C30EDFD0866!789&authkey=!AN97c-s78ABPeWY&ithint=file%2c.rar

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-11-11T11:11:57+00:00

Hey All 

I have a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter installed into my Qosmio F750 Laptop. Once upgrading to Windows 8.1 from 8.0 my wireless network adapter no longer worked. I've read all the discussions and nothing helped. The following steps got mine working without having to install new drivers or anything like that.

Follow these steps and you away:

1 - Open up windows explorer

2 - Right click on 'This PC' and click on Properties

3 - Click on 'Device Manager'

4 - Expand network adapters so that you can see the driver name. It had a yellow triangle underneath it for me.

5 - Right click on the driver and select 'update driver software'

6 - Select 'Browse my computer for driver software'

7 - Select 'let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'

8 - Mine comes up with two drivers, they are both called the same but one has (Microsoft) at the end the other had (Qualcomm Atheros Communic.......)

9 - Select the one that ends in (Microsoft) and click next.

10 - Crack a beer and enjoy glorious wifi again

This worked for me and hopefully it'll work for you too!

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-13T16:09:26+00:00

    I did fix it, I went to the safe mode, then I deleted all the drivers that relates to that device from my computer, Uninstalled it from the registry and deleted it from the windows update folder, there are a couple of folders under windows, search for the driver under the windows folder and delete it wherever it existed then try to install the Toshiba one and it should work, it took me a day to figure out how.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-12T08:20:02+00:00

    I have tried everything to install

    Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc. driver update for Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG even my computer tech tried and tried to install it so then he went and downloaded another one from website it said it installed it but then windows system is telling me to still install the one that wouldn't install windows Microsoft there is something wrong with Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG this update very wrong like I said my computer tried everything to install it yet now windows is trying to make me install it after installing another one that works

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-16T19:08:52+00:00

    I do have Toshiba Qosmio X775-803D my laptop failed to roll back now I'm facing the same issue!!

    thank you Microsoft for the update!

    guys tried the windows 8 driver from Toshiba website and I'm still facing the blue screen, any tips?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-13T17:12:24+00:00

    what about people from the uk iv'e tried that it it needs to be from the us,im having the same problem i cant update it or else it blue screens me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments