Blue Screen Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter

Anonymous
2014-04-21T16:42:04+00:00

Hi Sirs;

Today I installed an optional update from Windows update for my (Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter) Driver for Windows 8.1, and it cause Blue screen to my laptop and I was unable to log to my laptop Toshiba Satellite L755 until I remove it from Safe Mode, and I don’t know what is the problem?

For information after I remove it the new Driver update the Blue Screen Fixed.

 https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A5147C30EDFD0866!789&authkey=!AN97c-s78ABPeWY&ithint=file%2c.rar

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-11-11T11:11:57+00:00

Hey All 

I have a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter installed into my Qosmio F750 Laptop. Once upgrading to Windows 8.1 from 8.0 my wireless network adapter no longer worked. I've read all the discussions and nothing helped. The following steps got mine working without having to install new drivers or anything like that.

Follow these steps and you away:

1 - Open up windows explorer

2 - Right click on 'This PC' and click on Properties

3 - Click on 'Device Manager'

4 - Expand network adapters so that you can see the driver name. It had a yellow triangle underneath it for me.

5 - Right click on the driver and select 'update driver software'

6 - Select 'Browse my computer for driver software'

7 - Select 'let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'

8 - Mine comes up with two drivers, they are both called the same but one has (Microsoft) at the end the other had (Qualcomm Atheros Communic.......)

9 - Select the one that ends in (Microsoft) and click next.

10 - Crack a beer and enjoy glorious wifi again

This worked for me and hopefully it'll work for you too!

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-29T13:45:41+00:00

    I did all this troubleshooting, but I'm facing trouble to connect to the WiFi I try 7 to 8 time to connect and when it is connecting the connection is Limit, this happened with Tow  WiFi network near of me?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-27T04:14:34+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for the reply.

    Do you get any error message when you connect your wireless network?

    The Windows 8 drivers should ideally work on Windows 8.1 Operating System.

    Please run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

    a. Open the Network Adapter troubleshooter by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, and clicking on Search.

    b. Type troubleshooting in the search box, clicking Settings, then clicking Troubleshooting.

    c.  Click Network and Internet, then click Network Adapter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-22T13:50:27+00:00

    The Driver In manufacturer's website is for Windows 8 I'm on Windows 8.1, it is not work correctly even if I run it in Compatibility mode, I install New update from Qualcomm Atheros website it is OK for now but I'm facing difficult to connect my Wireless network?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-22T06:28:45+00:00

    Hi,

    I understand you got a Blue screen error after you installed an optional update related to wireless network adapter driver.

    I would suggest you to download the Qualcomm Atheros wireless network adpater driver from manufacturer's website and install it.

    http://support.toshiba.com/drivers

    Let us know if it helps. If the issue persits, we will be happy to help you further.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments