Bluetooth is not working with Windows 8.1

Anonymous
2013-11-03T18:01:29+00:00

Hello,

I have a Lenovo U410 touch, and i just upgraded to windows 8.1 though the store.

And the bluettoth is not working at all, it says that the PC is searching for Bluetooth devices.

I have updated all the drivers from the Lenovo websites and still nothing is working

I went to device manager and checked under bluetooth: Intel (R) Centrino Wireless Bluettoth 4.0 + High Speed. Microsoft Bluettoth Enumator, Microsoft Bluetooth LE enumarator are all 3 up to date.

Then I went to network connections (from the start) and i have a red cross under Bluettoth network connection 2 and says not connected.

I really think gooing back to Windows 8 since i cannot listen to my music on my beatbox and connect to my phone and tablet,

Thank you for your help

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-01T02:53:46+00:00

    same problem on HP2000-410us. Have tried everything suggested and to no avail....Tried manufacturer, HP support, atheros, broadcomm, qualcomm, no solutions from anyone .this is truly sad.......and as far as clarification goes the microsoft team needs to do alot better for customer satifaction,,,,somebody needs to get on there job and put the fix in....and it shouldnt be having to upgrade or downgrade.  very dissapppointed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-02-04T05:57:26+00:00

    I just tried to disable and enable the Bluetooth device in device manager. then I went to Bluetooth settings from the Bluetooth taskbar icon and checked the box to enable devices to find the pc.  Then to share a file, I enabled receive a file interface then on my phone I send a file and it transmitted.  I also went back into PC settings and now it show my Bluetooth speaker.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-04T05:48:17+00:00

    Same here, very disappointed it doesn't work with my Bluetooth devices and even though its paired with my phone, I just been using the Dell Inspiron 13 7348.  Comes with Intel Bluetooth.  I cannot use Bluetooth to play to a Bluetooth speaker or share files with my windows phone 8.1  I tried updating the latest drivers as well and experienced the same with 8.1 keeps looking and looking for devices even though I have 3 other them running and paired with android moto g just fine.  The laptop cannot use Bluetooth at all!  This really is disappointing.  Not sure if Windows 10 will fix the issue but MS should figure this out, just buy a new 8.1 PC and debug the software Microsoft! ;)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-12-02T23:54:37+00:00

    I have the same Bluetooth problem with a Dell Inspiron 11 3147 and it came with Win8.1 preinstalled.

    I have tried all the suggestions I have read in this forum and nothing helps.

    Looks like an overhaul from Microsoft is in order.  Dell support was of no help either.

    Does anyone know if a USB Bluetooth dongle will work?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-10-26T20:48:29+00:00

    The thing of it is, is that Microsoft knew about this problem A YEAR AGO! If they didn't know then their tech support IS NOT relaing the issues to management properly. I am on the second day of the re-installation process.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments