Skorpeoh,
You are ABSOLUTELY 1000% RIGHT!! I agree with everything in this post. Windows 8.1 will not work with your bluetooth no matter what type it is or how many times you search for, update, install or reinstall drivers. I have been trying to fix mine for months to no avail whatsoever. I am on an HP Elitebook 8730w Workstation-64bit. I have a multi-boot system that runs Vista Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional and Windows 8.1. All of my bluetooth devices connect and operate FLAWLESSLY under Vista and Windows 7 and I didnt even need the installation disk that came with my bluetooth receiver!!
For the interested, my receiver is a Cirago BTA8000 made by motorola. I have tried every which way to Sunday to install this on my Windows 8.1 installation with zero success. I even right clicked on the driver installation, chose to pick from a driver list, chose the one built into the ops system that would install the same CSR bluetooth driver from Microsoft that runs on my other two installation and that even failed miserably. I have not gone back to Windows 8. Instead I just sit there annoyed, upset and disappointed each time I have to use my touchpad while working in Windows 8.1. Microsoft is truly wrong for this.