How do I execute "Files Ready to Be Written to Disk"

Anonymous
2014-04-20T15:24:25+00:00

I burn an audio CD with Nero Burning ROM; it completes and verifies successfully.  But it doesn't play. The listing of the disc's contents includes, "Files ready to be written."  This was an obvious step in xP, but in 8.1 it not only isn't obvious, the execution is nowhere that I've been able to find.  I've seen other forum answers but have been unable to find one that works.

Can someone (MS staff?) help?

Thanks

Bob Schneider

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-22T01:04:08+00:00

Bob,

Thank you for the response.

You could try deleting any temporary files that may be left over from CD and DVD burning. Navigate to the hidden folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder and delete everything.

Now try to burn. Keep us posted.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-23T17:35:05+00:00

    Right ON!!  This two-step process is ridiculous, Microsoft. If I ask to write files to a CD, it should just DO IT!  George has done your work for you, Microsoft, but why?  ... because you haven't checked with your users, that's why.  It's outrageous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-10T17:19:58+00:00

    Finally I was able to burn to disc by going up one level!  Thank you.  I have worked with windows since day one and today I have decided it really stinks. So no Windows 10 for me - I'm going to Mac.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-08-13T20:49:55+00:00

    Could be my current mood - but indeed very, very disappointing to spend hours to figure it out how to burn a CD with my Dad's favorite music to play at his funeral in a few hours. Now also available in Windows10, so all previous feedback was useless as it was not even used to fix this frustrating "bug".

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-08-14T16:23:43+00:00

    Could be my current mood - but indeed very, very disappointing to spend hours to figure it out how to burn a CD with my Dad's favorite music to play at his funeral in a few hours. Now also available in Windows10, so all previous feedback was useless as it was not even used to fix this frustrating "bug".

    And I can tell you that it works EXACTLY the same with 10! Why can't you burn the files from the page on which you see them???

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments