How do I execute "Files Ready to Be Written to Disk"

Anonymous
2014-04-20T15:24:25+00:00

I burn an audio CD with Nero Burning ROM; it completes and verifies successfully.  But it doesn't play. The listing of the disc's contents includes, "Files ready to be written."  This was an obvious step in xP, but in 8.1 it not only isn't obvious, the execution is nowhere that I've been able to find.  I've seen other forum answers but have been unable to find one that works.

Can someone (MS staff?) help?

Thanks

Bob Schneider

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-22T01:04:08+00:00

Bob,

Thank you for the response.

You could try deleting any temporary files that may be left over from CD and DVD burning. Navigate to the hidden folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder and delete everything.

Now try to burn. Keep us posted.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-12-28T19:25:01+00:00

    Yes, I found the "Burn to Disc" on the share tab, but nothing happens when you click it.

    I've not been able to burn anything to a disc since I got windows 8.  Why would they make this so difficult?

    Someone please help.  Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-01T22:38:12+00:00

    Yes, I found the "Burn to Disc" on the share tab, but nothing happens when you click it.

    I've not been able to burn anything to a disc since I got windows 8.  Why would they make this so difficult?

    Someone please help.  Thanks.

    Vicky, I was having the same problem, Windows 8.1.  This is what worked for me.

    Don't use the share tab and the "burn to disc" under that tab.  Instead, when you see the "Files Ready to be Written to Disc", go back up one level to the CD/DVD drive icon under your PC and right click on the drive. Then left click on "Burn to disc".  Name the disc, select your burn speed and click next.

    Good luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-02T14:30:16+00:00

    George,

    Thank you for sharing the information. I am sure it would benefit other community members who is facing similar issues on their computers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-15T04:13:44+00:00

    Thank you! I have been hitting burn to disk for over 20 minutes and wondering why this wouldnt work. Why is this tab even here if it doesn't work? 

    I took a screen shot of this remedy because I'm sure I'll forget here pretty quick. Thank you so much for this answer!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments