How do I execute "Files Ready to Be Written to Disk"

Anonymous
2014-04-20T15:24:25+00:00

I burn an audio CD with Nero Burning ROM; it completes and verifies successfully.  But it doesn't play. The listing of the disc's contents includes, "Files ready to be written."  This was an obvious step in xP, but in 8.1 it not only isn't obvious, the execution is nowhere that I've been able to find.  I've seen other forum answers but have been unable to find one that works.

Can someone (MS staff?) help?

Thanks

Bob Schneider

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-22T01:04:08+00:00

Bob,

Thank you for the response.

You could try deleting any temporary files that may be left over from CD and DVD burning. Navigate to the hidden folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder and delete everything.

Now try to burn. Keep us posted.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-23T02:44:10+00:00

    Good job, Anil.  I hope anyone else having this problem sees this.

    Bob

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-23T02:53:47+00:00

    Thank you Bob.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-10-27T17:38:27+00:00

    Bob,

    Thank you for the response.

    You could try deleting any temporary files that may be left over from CD and DVD burning. Navigate to the hidden folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder and delete everything.

    Now try to burn. Keep us posted.

    This doesn't work. I have been using Windows since it came out and the continued disregard for user experience, while sadly expected, continues to be a major disappointment. Why is the process for burning a CD or DVD a mystery? Where is the "Burn" icon to click? Why do I have to search hidden files to make this work? 

    All I want to do is share a large file with a friend. That's the experience you should care about NOT what's convenient for MSFT from a technical standpoint.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-24T21:12:33+00:00

    It's under the Share Tab. I had to go to another place to find this out.

    J.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments