How do I execute "Files Ready to Be Written to Disk"

Anonymous
2014-04-20T15:24:25+00:00

I burn an audio CD with Nero Burning ROM; it completes and verifies successfully.  But it doesn't play. The listing of the disc's contents includes, "Files ready to be written."  This was an obvious step in xP, but in 8.1 it not only isn't obvious, the execution is nowhere that I've been able to find.  I've seen other forum answers but have been unable to find one that works.

Can someone (MS staff?) help?

Thanks

Bob Schneider

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-22T01:04:08+00:00

Bob,

Thank you for the response.

You could try deleting any temporary files that may be left over from CD and DVD burning. Navigate to the hidden folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder and delete everything.

Now try to burn. Keep us posted.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-11-30T18:56:33+00:00

    Hi Dennis,

    Since this thread has already been aged and an answer was provided, I would highly suggest you to post a new thread for us to assist you better. Please make sure that you put the correct tagging so that your thread will be easy to find.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-07T15:43:02+00:00

    OK Same problem with Windows 10.  I have converted a PowerPoint file to video and want to burn it to a DVD.  But nothing happens except the "files ready to be written" command.  How to I get it to write????  I have had no problem burning music on a CD.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-10T09:27:43+00:00

    Like Sherlock Holmes - seems elementary AFTER someone else has explained it to you, but you wouldn't have figured it out on your own.  That stupid "files are ready to be written to the disk" message without knowing what to do next drove me crazy.  You would think that clicking the notification flag would lead you to a solution . . . but NOOOOOOOOO!  Gotta hide the ball, don't they?  Typical Microsoft.  Everyone's a software engineer, right?  ANYWAY, thank you so much!  100% helpful.  Next stop, how to get rid of OneDrive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-04-21T04:28:53+00:00

    Yes, right-clicking was the key, hardly something you would do intuitively.  Thanks, Windows 10 or whoever is responsible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments