How do I execute "Files Ready to Be Written to Disk"

Anonymous
2014-04-20T15:24:25+00:00

I burn an audio CD with Nero Burning ROM; it completes and verifies successfully.  But it doesn't play. The listing of the disc's contents includes, "Files ready to be written."  This was an obvious step in xP, but in 8.1 it not only isn't obvious, the execution is nowhere that I've been able to find.  I've seen other forum answers but have been unable to find one that works.

Can someone (MS staff?) help?

Thanks

Bob Schneider

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-04-22T01:04:08+00:00

Bob,

Thank you for the response.

You could try deleting any temporary files that may be left over from CD and DVD burning. Navigate to the hidden folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder and delete everything.

Now try to burn. Keep us posted.

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-23T01:37:07+00:00

    You are welcome Bob. Your efforts to resolve this issue is very much appreciated. Get back to us for any issues related to Windows. We will be happy to help you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-22T15:23:23+00:00

    Thank you Anil!

    I found "desktop,ini" in that folder and removed it.

    I have been able to create playable CDs!

    Thank you again.

    Bob

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-21T23:54:36+00:00

    Hi Anil,

    Thanks for your reply,

    To answer your questions:

    1. No, the problem has occurred with other discs;
    2. the same problem occurs on discs burned with Windows Media Player.

    The burned discs, whatever their source, include “Files Ready to Be Written to Disk” and a desktop.ini file that opens like a text file in Notepad.

    Does this help?

    Thanks.

    Bob

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-21T06:40:20+00:00

    Hi Bob,

    I would appreciate if you could help me with more information.

    1. Is this issue specific to any particular CD?
    2. Do you face similar issue when burning a CD using Windows Media Player?

    You may try burning a audio CD in windows Media Player and check if it makes any difference.

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/burn-cd-or-dvd-media-player

    Reply with more information to help you better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments