How to uninstall LogMeIn Rescue RC after MS tech support session

Anonymous
2014-05-10T21:48:41+00:00

After an arduous but successful tech support session repairing corrupted 8.1 updates LogMeIn Rescue RC remains on my computer. Of course it is not listed in add/remove programs. In hindsight I should have asked the tech to clean up after himself. This also resulted in a multitude of 3rd party software services being diasbled including my firewall of which I have no reference as to their proper setting but one problem at a time.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-14T14:52:17+00:00

    Hi. I thought I followed sammoss's advice, but I get this:

    C:\Users\Yas>SC DELETE LMIRescuea9b3cc8-91db-61c9-de32-90b76c78b865

    [SC] "OpenService FAILED 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service".

    Have I done something wrong or does it mean I've succeeded in clearing LogMeIn Rescue?

    Thanks....and btw, I'm not very techie.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-06-07T22:14:21+00:00

    Well if it is any assurance

    The folder and some  logs are left behind .. and sure can be located and removed

    I think that is a wrong way to get / give access

    May be necessary at times

    Bud do close the left overs

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-04-24T00:12:17+00:00

    Shawn I am having the same problem. I called Microsoft in March with a windows issue. They fixed it however ever time I log into my computer the Microsoft Logmein Rescue is there. It won't let me close it. I can minimize it but not close it. What can I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-17T10:06:55+00:00

    @ Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene

    Wish I could say that about the LogMeIn applet MS Help Desk used two days ago.

    Upon each restart of the computer, it self starts with three (3) separate windows. Each time I boot I have to go to Task Manager and End Processes, but it only works til the next reboot then the whole thing starts all over again. This has been going on for two days.

    So obviously it DID install itself and continues to restart even though the sessions are showing closed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-03-07T00:17:37+00:00

    I called the local Microsoft store and they redirected me to their technical support department. Simple call the microsoft store and you will be redirected to their technical support department.

    So i know i was talking to an official microsoft employee

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments