Unfortunately,
most of us have many many years with Microsoft.
It does appear that switching may be our only solution.
BUT, I believe walking away without recourse would not be the answer for me.
I'M ALL IN, for a lawsuit.
IM READY.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I installed Windows 8.1 Preview some time ago (8.1 sucked), and later found out that upgrading to Windows 8.1 RT would force me to re-install everything. I wasn't okay with this, so I just decided to keep Windows 8.1 Preview (even if, understandably, support would later be cut); however, now it seems Microsoft made the crazy decision to FORCE everyone to upgrade BY RESTARTING THEIR PC EVERY 2 HOURS! WTH???? Anyway, so now they are literally forcing me to re-install everything, but what is worse is I can't even upgrade! The Windows store isn't working properly, and the download never finishes. The computer RESTARTS before it has a chance to finish (it's over 3GB), which apparently causes the download to restart (THE ONE TIME IT APPEARED TO BE WORKING).
Anyway, I don't think this type of behavior from Microsoft would stand up in court (Windows could seriously be classified as MALWARE at this point), so if anyone is connected to some good lawyers, I think this would make for a great class action lawsuit...
BTW, I seem to remember a virus that would restart computers too...
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Unfortunately,
most of us have many many years with Microsoft.
It does appear that switching may be our only solution.
BUT, I believe walking away without recourse would not be the answer for me.
I'M ALL IN, for a lawsuit.
IM READY.
Yep,
terrible. I paid $1300. on a "Lenovo IdeaPad".
I believe Fry's was pushing the product, as my husband was sharing with me what the sales rep said as he bought it.
What an awful laptop.
I tossed the damn thing after "3 months" of fighting with it, right into the trash. I will never pay more than a couple hundred for a system, ever again.
Microsoft seems to think they own the world of Internet use.
I can't believe a name I had never heard prior, Lenovo, was being marketed as a top of the line system by Frys.
To me, it appears that Microsoft is soliciting unknown labels names to advertise.
Then placing Microsofts Windows OS in these computer, laptop, etc.
The XP operating system was workable, yet since then, the upgrades of OS continues to be "flawed". On purpose???
Windows 8.1 is like a freaking merry-go-round.
No freedom for the avg computer user to set up their own programs for default. When trying to do set my own default apps the OS would consistantly kick me to the damn Windows Store. In that store my programs are not offered.
Why is the culture at Microsoft geared only toward $$$$$$$
Customer retention, in my experience, invests into their future.
Microsoft has become too big, too money hungry and too communistic.
It is unbelievable Microsoft did not know each of Windows 7, windows 8, windows 8.1 are flawed.
I wonder, do they continue to have flaws so we must upgrade to the next.
Egg on their face!!!
yep its about money.
Shame on you Microsoft!!!!!!!
Just my opinion
Daniel, I'm also in Australia and have had EXACTLY the same issues as you. Let's face it, Microsoft doesn't give a rats about our situation. Off to Apple I go!
I agree.
The $1300 I spent on a Lenovo, this last January, I plain just thrown away. This IDEAPAD does NOT work. It's a confined system, there is no support and I SPENT DAYS, MONTHS trying to have this laptop workable.
A WARNING TO OTHERS-DONT BUY WHAT FRYS, BEST BUY, ETC. IS TRYING TO PUSH. My laptop was the "last one in stock"
Join the crowd. No one has a solution to stop the font from changing size without any movement on my part to do so. They can offer no solution for pages jumping around and websites changing without prompt. It is so shaky and unstable that its a chore to do anything on here. I had a problem with set up that wound up taking 10 hours and $200 to clear up, thanks to Microsoft. I can't copy and print my fax to Microsoft, AVG and HP because it is a PDF that I faxed to their CEO"S. They need to be held responsible for creating a disaster system. I have two fairly new computers here. Maybe I should take them in and see if I can trade them for a good discount on a MAC!
Use Google Apps to type up the document regarding the lawsuit. They will learn. I tried it once back in 2013 when I was using crappy Windows 7. I filed a complaint in very lawsuit-like font in Google Docs, (I used Times New Roman 12pt), and 3 seconds later Microsoft got it and fixed the problem.