I installed Windows 8.1 Preview some time ago (8.1 sucked), and later found out that upgrading to Windows 8.1 RT would force me to re-install everything. I wasn't okay with this, so I just decided to keep Windows 8.1 Preview (even if, understandably, support would later be cut); however, now it seems Microsoft made the crazy decision to FORCE everyone to upgrade BY RESTARTING THEIR PC EVERY 2 HOURS! WTH???? Anyway, so now they are literally forcing me to re-install everything, but what is worse is I can't even upgrade! The Windows store isn't working properly, and the download never finishes. The computer RESTARTS before it has a chance to finish (it's over 3GB), which apparently causes the download to restart (THE ONE TIME IT APPEARED TO BE WORKING).
Anyway, I don't think this type of behavior from Microsoft would stand up in court (Windows could seriously be classified as MALWARE at this point), so if anyone is connected to some good lawyers, I think this would make for a great class action lawsuit...
BTW, I seem to remember a virus that would restart computers too...
Same thing with me. Except I'm using Windows 7, not Windows 8.1. If you think Windows 7 is better, it's not! In fact, whenever I try to open a file from my USB THE ENTIRE COMPUTER GETS INFECTED AND ALL PROGRAMS BECOME F(dover buzz)KING INCOMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS! I think I have to agree with you, although I personally like 8.1 better than 7. I feel bad for many people who have Windows and can't afford the Mac. If anyone's having problems with Office as well I would suggest use Google Apps because Microsoft is not going to get their act together with windows 7 ANYTIME soon! And, I know why you would classify Windows as Malware, and I can even see why. If Microsoft doesn't do anything about the matters of this problem soon, we will have to do something about it. I'm already forcing myself to switch from Office to Google Apps for the second time since Dec. 18 2014!