IWD Bus Enumerator Driver

Anonymous
2013-10-25T23:16:27+00:00

So I was busy trying to get my printer hooked up so I could print something and happened to notice there was a yellow sign with an exclamation mark on my computer in the hardware and devices window.  After looking at the properties I found there was an error with the IWD Bus Enumerator Driver.  I attempted to have Windows troubleshoot it twice to no avail.  I have been unable to figure out what this driver is exactly or what it does.  It seems pretty important since it is being flagged by the computer.  Also I am not sure if it was there before or after plugging in the printer.  Also attached to the troubleshooting report was something about a problem with some PnP devices.  Not sure if this is affiliated or not but was flagged with the other issue.  Any help with this is much appreciated, thanks.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-04T02:48:42+00:00

I have a similar problem after upgrading to 8.1 on my Lenovo T430.  The IWD Bus Enumerator is listed in the device manager twice.  One is working properly, the other says Windows can't find the driver  "(Code 31)."  Posted a question on Lenovo's Thinkpad forum.  Waiting to hear back.  Still trying to find out exactly what a IWD Bus enumerator is.

UPDATE:  seems the problem with my computer was that the IWD Bus enumerator was in there twice.  I looked at the driver details and both had the up to date version.  So, I uninstalled the second one:  the one with the exclamation point, and all seems to be well.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-03T16:57:28+00:00

    This was the exact answer to my problem.  I found that I also had 2 IWD Bus Enumerators.  I deleted the one that had the exclamation point and problem solved!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-29T23:31:22+00:00

    One more think I have done to my install is add the app for the wireless display.

    That might make a difference, because I performed the above steps after I installed the wireless display app.  You can install this app from the Microsoft app store.

    Here is the URL to get info on it

    http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/microsoft-wireless-display/92ecc09f-9f01-4f9d-9e04-dd412d758b1a

    Sorry I forgot I installed that first. That install did not fix my problem but it may be what puts the software on for the second half of the fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-29T21:15:11+00:00

    Lets give this one more try if this does not work for you I would take it to the Microsoft store and have them take a look at it. Because if this does not work there is something different with your system.

    Start by pressing the windows key by its self to get to the windows start screen

    Next hold down the windows key and press the r key at the same time this should bring up a run box

    Inside the run box type the following line and press enter

    IntelWiDiVAD64 /install

    It should respond by asking you to allow the following program to modify your system.

    Intel@ WiDi

    Answer yes and it should do the install for you.

    Again if this does not work take it to the Microsoft store or contact Microsoft to have them remote in and find out what's up. 

    My surface pro is only a few days old so that software should have been on from the start same as mine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-29T16:56:41+00:00

     Okay it does not sound like you're familiar with the command shell.  From a command she'll also know as DOS prompt or Command Prompt.  When you open a command prompt the default prompt should read what directory you are in. Example for me it reads C:\User\ShapeShifter>.  From such a prompt you need to run the program IntelWiDiVAD64.exe with the /install option.  This program should be located in the folder C:\Windows\System32 . To change to that folder type "cd c:\ windows\system32" with out the quote marks. From that directory give the directory command to see if the program is in that folder. Type "dir IntelWiDiVAD64.exe" again with out quotes. If it shows you that you do have the program, you can execute it. To execute it type "IntelWiDiVAD64.exe /install" at the command prompt again with out quotes. You should get a windows prompt box asking if it's ok to install. Answer yes. That should be all you need. Make sure you run this program with /install option.  Hope this helps

    So, I followed your steps as follows step by step, and I'm still getting nowhere.  The command prompt started me off like you said c:\usrs\ (my name).  So I did the 1st thing you said, the cd thing, and the 1st thing from the command prompt is: "The system cannot find the path specified".  So I tried to go on with the next step even though I figured this wasn't going to help me, and I get: "File not found".  I don't understand this **** at all.  If you're giving me the exact steps to do and my Surface Pro 3 being a 256GB model there shouldn't be anything wrong with it other hasn't this 1 problem I'm trying to resolve, then something is either off or wrong with whoever is telling me what because it;s clearly getting me nowhere with the stupid command prompt.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments