bluetooth doesn't work for laptop HP ENVY TouchSmart m6 Sleekbook

Anonymous
2013-10-20T20:54:49+00:00

After reinstalling the newest driver for Intel PROSet Wireless from the Intel website and trying to update from Device Manager as instructed from HP Tech Support, the bluetooth is still not working. If anyone having the same HP model has fixed the problem, please tell me how.

Thank you

PS on 11/12/2013: After installing all of regular updates from Windows, HP and Bluetooth software today at this link, my laptop can send a picture via Bluetooth to my phone, but I can NOT do the vice versa.

Well, now I don't know what is really the problem. I think when I send a file from my phone to my laptop, a Receiving Window (or something like that) should appear on my laptop, so I can accept/reject the transfer but there is nothing and I'm not able to initiate the receiving via Bluetooth option myself either.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-23T17:16:24+00:00

    Hi,

    I'm having the same problem with my HP Envy 4 after upgrading to windows 8.1.

    I have the Intel Centrino Wireless-n 2230.

    I just downloaded an upgrade from Intel (https://downloadcenter.intel.com) the latest version 16.7.0 and my BT is working normally again.

    Hope it will work for you too. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-21T15:31:20+00:00

    Hi,

    I perfectly agree with you. I have the same problems with Toshiba (my laptop is Toshiba Satellite P 855 34 K with Intel Centrino Wireless N 2230). Intel is trying to solve the problem but no solution till now

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-20T23:45:15+00:00

    The manufacturer is Intel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-20T20:45:27+00:00

    Hi,

    Based on your HP system name "HP Envy TS M7) I found that HP web site has Win8.1 drivers. Note that HP systems ship with few different Bluetooth Radios and you need to find which manufacturer BT radio your system has. Then use one of the drivers from the list posted on the following HP Web:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5390703#N987

    Bluetooth drivers are under "Driver-Network" section:

    Broadcom Bluetooth Driver for Microsoft Windows

    2013-11-01 , Version12.0.0.7820, 14.1M

    (‏Previous versions available)‏

    This package contains the Broadcom bluetooth driver and software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth Driver is required to enable Broadcom ...

    Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 Series Bluetooth 4.0+HS Driver for Microsoft Windows

    2013-10-01 , Version1.00, 6.57M

    This package contains the driver installation package for the Qualcomm Atheros bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-12-20T20:38:38+00:00

    Hello IrisTran,

    Sorry for long delay in getting back to this post. Based on the product number you provided E0K41UA, HP web site recognize your systems as “HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k015dx Sleekbook” and there is no BT drivers posted on HP web site for Win8.1 but they do have Intel and Broadcom BT Driver packages for Win8. So I'm unclear if your system has Intel or Broadcom Bluetooth Radio. Initially you had issues installing Intel package and later it worked. Please follow the steps below to find the Manufacturer ID for your BT Radio. For Intel it will be 2 and for Broadcom its 15.

    • Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand "Bluetooth" node.
    • Right-click on the node that has “Bluetooth Radio Adapter” listed and click on ‘Properties’.
    • On “Advanced” tab you will find Manufacturer ID.

    Based on the Manufacturer ID you may try BT drivers from HP Web Link below. Bluetooth drivers for Win8 are under “Driver-Network” section.

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw\_lang=&product=5395104#N724

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments