Windows Update Failure - Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series

Anonymous
2013-01-05T22:27:02+00:00

I’m running Windows 7 Home Premium. I’ve never had any problems with Windows update until recently. I have a problem with one update: "Hewlett-Packard - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series". Any ideas why this Windows update installation fails?

Thanks,

Tom

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-01-06T00:08:33+00:00

Tom,

Pləase double-check that error number.

If the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted, you might receive a Error code: 0x80070490

<<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044>>

UTC/GMT is 00:08 on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-17T15:13:27+00:00

    Hewlett-Packard  - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Fax - HP Photosmart 7520 series - Error 0x80070490

    Hewlett-Packard  - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series - Error 0x8024200b

    I have been getting this for the last 2 weeks...How do I fix it?  Please help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-17T10:30:43+00:00

    For now I wont worry about it. Dont feel like reinstalling the printer again. I did have to install basic drivers after going to Windows 10. Didnt have to download Full Function drivers as that includes the Photo Creations software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-16T13:13:53+00:00

    I SIMPLY DELETED THAT PRINTER FROM MY COMPUTER. SHUT THE PRINTER DOWN. THEN WHEN IT STARTED, MY SURFACE PRO3 SAW IT, INSTALLED THE DRIVERS, AND IT'S BEEN FINE SINCE.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-16T08:50:00+00:00

    I am too getting this error for my HP 7520 -  Hewlett-Packard  - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Fax - HP Photosmart 7520 series

    I also get this one -  Hewlett-Packard  - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series - Error 0x8024200b

    I am running Windows 10. I see similar ones for my HP 4630 but that printer is at another location.

    The article referenced doesnt list Windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments