When I record a narration then play it, there is no sound

Anonymous
2013-05-24T12:30:56+00:00

Original title: Help! Narration- Movie Maker 12

I'm using movie maker 2012- windows 8 but can't record any narration? I've got a mic and headset plugged in, which my laptop is picking up fine... When I record Narration and save as a file, then play back there is no sound! I can't When I go to video volume options it's just grey and blocked out so I can't change anything there.... any ideas? Many thanks, Chris.

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-25T05:46:38+00:00

Hi ChrisChambers1988,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand that you're not able to record any narration in Movie Maker. It's possible that the mic you're using is not properly plugged in so to rule out that this is contributing to the issue, kindly plug in and plug out your mic.

Furthermore, kindly record a narration using your computer's Sound Recorder then check if you can hear the audio afterwards.

Let us know how things turn out.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-30T17:46:09+00:00

    Thank you. Uploaded the logs to the private area.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-30T02:10:24+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for the additional information. Since you encountered the same results, kindly gather again the necessary log files for further investigation then upload that in the private message area.

    Looking forward to your reply.

    Regards,

    Glenda

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-29T19:00:37+00:00

    Had the exact same results. I even tried removing the music and recording new narration to no avail.

    In case it is of interest, I only installed Movie Maker and Picture Gallery and I only found the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Live in the (x86) folder. The other Essentials programs have never been installed on this computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-29T04:14:22+00:00

    Hello wcs2,

    Thank you for waiting. Our support specialist has verified that there seems to be a problem with the Windows Movie Maker client itself as the final movie plays the narration with no problem. With this, kindly perform a clean install of Movie Maker as the program might be corrupt:

    1. Perform Windows update by clicking on this **link****.**
    2. **Uninstall** Windows Essentials.
    3. Delete the following folders:
    • C:\Program Files\Windows Live
    • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Live

    Note: If there are more than one Program Files folder upon opening C drive, then double click on Program Files x86 instead.

    1. **Reinstall**Windows Essentials.

    Please get back to us for the results.

    Regards,

    Glenda

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments