When I record a narration then play it, there is no sound

Anonymous
2013-05-24T12:30:56+00:00

Original title: Help! Narration- Movie Maker 12

I'm using movie maker 2012- windows 8 but can't record any narration? I've got a mic and headset plugged in, which my laptop is picking up fine... When I record Narration and save as a file, then play back there is no sound! I can't When I go to video volume options it's just grey and blocked out so I can't change anything there.... any ideas? Many thanks, Chris.

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-25T05:46:38+00:00

Hi ChrisChambers1988,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand that you're not able to record any narration in Movie Maker. It's possible that the mic you're using is not properly plugged in so to rule out that this is contributing to the issue, kindly plug in and plug out your mic.

Furthermore, kindly record a narration using your computer's Sound Recorder then check if you can hear the audio afterwards.

Let us know how things turn out.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-22T18:57:26+00:00

    Hello wcs2,

    Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we investigate your issue. We've tried to simulate your issue and it didn't occur on our end. We would like to ask the exact steps that you took and please try to check with other saving options if this will still occur on your end.

    We look forward to hearing from you.

    Regards,

    Helene C.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-22T05:24:34+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for informing us that you already got the narration to work. If you had already saved your movie as WMV or MP4, you cannot anymore remove the original uploaded narration. If it is still a project file, you can just right-click on the narration then select Remove.

    Please get back to us if you have other questions.

    Regards,

    Glenda

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-22T01:18:43+00:00

    Hi Steph,

    Thank you for posting here. I understand that you're also having issues with the audio in your narration. Let me assist you with this.

    Just for isolation purposes, can you hear the audio when you record using the Sound Recorder in your PC?

    To answer your question above, yes, you do need a mic if you want to record a narration.

    We'll wait for your response.

    Regards,

    Glenda

    Thank you.  I was finally able to use a mic and get the narration to work.

    Next question - I am fine with most of the audio that I uploaded with my video. 

    I recorded my narration and fit it where I wanted it, but I can still hear the original uploaded narration.

    How do I delete the original portion I no longer want?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-21T21:11:32+00:00

    Hi wcs2,

    Thank you for providing the logs. I’ve escalated your issue for investigation. We will get back to you as soon as we have a resolution or if we need more information. Your patience is highly appreciated.

    Regards,

    Helene C.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments