Make sure the printer is turned on. Offline means it is turned off.
how to get my printer online
I have windows 8 and an epson workforce 520. I cannot get it online. I have 10 items in to be printed buy it says the printer is offline.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2013-02-16T17:00:51+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-08-10T09:58:39+00:00 I have an HP office jet printer that is off line how do I get it back online to print
-
Anonymous
2014-07-04T13:01:55+00:00 I have the same issue with the printer being off-line and no option to 'use printer on-line' I have windows 8 and was previously able to print - I take my laptop home and on coming back into work it has decided it will not print. It is connected to the network here (green tick ect) and the drivers all look ok, the printer is on and others in the office are printing to it fine. This is a new laptop and I am not happy as I need to print shipping labels regularly :( please help,
D
-
Anonymous
2013-02-16T16:48:36+00:00 Hi Linda,
Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community forums.
I understand that the printer connected to Windows 8 computer shows offline.
I suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.
Method 1: Check the status of the printer at Control Panel. Set it to online.
a) Press Windows key + X, select Control panel
b) Select Hardware and Sound.
c) Click Devices and printer.
d) If the Printer is offline, it shows “Offline” status. If the Printer is online it shows “Ready”.
e) If the Printer is offline, set it to online.
f) Right-click on the printer and select “Use Printer Online”.
g) The display should change to ready when the printer is set to online.
Method 2: Refer to the article given below and follow the instructions.
Fix printer problems
Also refer to the article given below.
Find and install printer drivers
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/find-and-install-printer-drivers
If the issue persists, please contact the Epson support regarding this.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportIndex.jsp
Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any queries related to Windows, please feel free to post. We are here to help you.
-
Anonymous
2014-10-25T19:25:04+00:00 I have windows 8 and an epson workforce 520. I cannot get it online. I have 10 items in to be printed buy it says the printer is offline.
I have windows 8.1 and the same problem.
If windows 8.1 discovers the printer is off OR ON STANDBY, it never-ever-never checks it again!
It takes a reboot to get it to see the printer is on.
You screwed the pooch bad, Microsoft! Windows 8.1 will not kick the printer from Standby. all the other windows since 64-bit XP did just fine!