touchscreen stopped working in samsung ativ 500t, maybe after upgrade to pro

Anonymous
2013-01-27T19:17:08+00:00

I have Samsung ativ pc 500t. IT was shipped with Windows 8 and worked perfectly. Last Thursday I upgrade it to Windows 8 Pro and few hours later on Friday it lost touchscreen capability partially. I can use stylus (s pen), but I cannot use fingers. I attached the device info about trh device I suspect should be related to touchscreen by fingers.

All help would be very appriciated. Thanks, David

Devices List

Created by using DevManView

Device Name Manufacturer Service Device Type Code Device Type Name Device Instance ID Location Capabilities Config Flags Disabled Connected Device Registry Time 1 Device Registry Time 2 Drive Letter Driver Description Driver Version .inf File .inf Section Driver Date Driver Registry Time
HID-compliant device (Standard system devices) HIDClass HID\ATML1000&Col01\4&2101be6d&0&0000 0x000000e0 0x00000000 No No 13. 12. 2012 0:33:49 13. 12. 2012 0:33:49 HID-compliant device 6.2.9200.16461 input.inf HID_Raw_Inst.NT 21. 6. 2006 26. 1. 2013 11:34:33
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-03-26T06:33:42+00:00

Hello there,

I use Samsung ATIV XE700T and Win 8.

It happens to me too after I uninstall the current Wacom driver (7.1.0-8 -Win8) and then install (7.0.9-5 -Win 7).

So why I installed Win 7 driver if I have Win 8 as OS?

Well, my stylus pen wasn't working on Adobe Flash Professional (was working anywhere else perfectly). So after I installed the Win 7 driver it started to work on Flash perfect too.

I am not sure if you already discovered but if you plug in any usb device, finger touch works for a while then again stops working. And the same thing happens when you plug out the device you plugged in.

As I am an illustrator, using pen on Flash for drawing is a priority for me so I didn't re-install the driver for Win8 again.

Solution:


1. Go to "Control Panel -> Programs" and uninstall the current driver (ISD Tablet).

2. Restart your computer.

3. Download and install this driver.

4. Restart your computer.


You are done!

Regards,

Kemal KAYA

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-06T10:33:59+00:00

Hi, it was definitely hardware problem in my case. Returned back, they simply changed everything and now is working like a breeze without any issues. BTW I did what you suggest. Touchscreen was not working even during boot, I did reinstall Windows this way at least 5 times.

All the best,

David

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-12-09T13:29:03+00:00

    Hi,

    I have the same problem with a strange story. (Samsung 700T)

    When my OS was Windows 8 my problems were ;

    1.Screen Brightness button was not changing the brightness of the screen.

    2.I always faced with a windows blue page error, if I split the tablet from the keyboard or unplug any usb devices while the computer is in sleep mode. So you have to unplug everything while you were working. You have to wake up pc and unplug usb and then sleep again.

    Then I upgraded to Windows 8.1. and now;

    1. Brightness button solved now
    2. usb and splitting problem remains same
    3. artık TouchScreen is not working anymore with finger. But Pen is working. 

    My system has all Samsung and Microsoft updates including bios.

    Regards,

    Cuneyt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments