When you open windows explorer you will get two panes close right side pane that is call preview pane.
and try now your problem will resolved.
thanks and regards
Manish Raj Bhatnagar.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello, I encountered this error about a month or two. I was attempting to fix this myself before posting and asking the question in Microsoft Answers. I was trying to move and copy some pictures and videos from my phone to my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate PC. I have tried moving some files from my old phone to the PC, I still encounter this. I have noted that everytime I have to wait until the preview window has generated the thumbnail or preview whatever then I can open or copy to my PC's desktop. I have also tried copy to another directory, but I still encounter the same. I dont wanna waste time on this and wait for the preview comes everytime to open or copy the file. Ive also tried to cancel or hide the preview pane to stop generating the preview. But I still got the same result. So here I am asking for advices and help. Thank you.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
When you open windows explorer you will get two panes close right side pane that is call preview pane.
and try now your problem will resolved.
thanks and regards
Manish Raj Bhatnagar.
Hi,
Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums.
Based on the issue description, it appears that you are getting an error “The requested resource is in use” while trying to move or copy files from your phone to the computer.
I would appreciate it if you could answer the following questions to assist you better:
1. How are you trying to move the files?
2. Do you use phone software to move the files?
I will certainly help you out with this issue.
I would suggest you to test the issue in Safe Mode and check if it helps.
Test the issue in Safe mode.
Check if you get the error in Safe mode. Visit the link below to know how to boot the computer in Safe mode.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode
You may also try to run the following Fix it and check if it helps.
Diagnose and repair Windows File and Folder Problems automatically
For more information, refer to the links.
**Working with files and folders** ****
"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows
If the issue persists or you have further questions on files and folders, please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be glad to help you.
Closing the preview pane does work. By doing this it allows the file to be transferred instead of being previewed. Its a bug im guessing.
THANK YOU for this sage wisdom! I was stumped trying to copy a file from my Nexus 7 to a local drive since I was getting the same error. "Resource in use," I thought, meant the file was open, but since I didn't have any apps open on my tablet, I didn't how this was possible. As soon as I closed the preview pane, it copied without a hitch. Again, thanks.
Unbelievable. I closed the preview pane (click on square button beside the question mark icon at top right) and I could copy the files from my Android to my Windows 7 PC. Such a simple solution caused me much grief.