Cannot move or copy files: The requested resource is in use.

Anonymous
2013-03-11T13:27:08+00:00

Hello, I encountered this error about a month or two. I was attempting to fix this myself before posting and asking the question in Microsoft Answers. I was trying to move and copy some pictures and videos from my phone to my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate PC. I have tried moving some files from my old phone to the PC, I still encounter this. I have noted that everytime I have to wait until the preview window has generated the thumbnail or preview whatever then I can open or copy to my PC's desktop. I have also tried copy to another directory, but I still encounter the same. I dont wanna waste time on this and wait for the preview comes everytime to open or copy the file. Ive also tried to cancel or hide the preview pane to stop generating the preview. But I still got the same result. So here I am asking for advices and help. Thank you.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-12T09:58:08+00:00

When you open windows explorer you will get two panes close right side pane that is call preview pane. 

 and try now your problem will resolved.

thanks and regards

Manish Raj Bhatnagar.

Was this answer helpful?

1200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-08-31T11:49:01+00:00

    I don't know how to thank you. At the beginning I thought that that it wont help a lay man like me, but I reread the message again and again when I realized you meant the same window where I was trying to move a file from. thank you very much.

                                                        Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-06-30T21:44:34+00:00

    Nope. Closing the Preview Pane didn't help. (It was already closed).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-05-21T13:46:36+00:00

    Hi Toby,

    For us to provide the best resolution possible, we need additional information;

    • What is the error message?
    • Are you trying to copy videos from your phone to a PC?
    • How are you copying these videos? Is it through a USB cable or a Bluetooth?

    Looking forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-05-20T19:39:21+00:00

    whenever i try to copy videos from my phone even though i have closed the preview pane it still comes up with the error message

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments