DirecTv App not available on Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-09-10T05:54:07+00:00

Original title: DirecTv App

I have a DirecTV account that has an app for my phone and another tablet that I own that allows me to watch and control live TV from both devices. There is no such app for the surface yet and when I go to DirecTV's website to view programming it is not allowed on the surface, it warns that I must use the store but it don't exist on the store. Any hope for TV provider apps for the surface or is this something Microsoft is intentionally stopping? I noticed there is nothing for brighthouse, Comcast, timer warner etc. as well.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-03T20:36:09+00:00

    My thought is that companies don't want to make Windows store apps when they are already making desktop versions of the apps.  I have used Windows 8 and Windows 10 from the beginning and I never use any of the store apps.  I just use desktop apps.

    That said, there was already a desktop app called DirecTV2PC that worked, albeit with a few bugs here and there.  Then they just stopped supporting it out of the blue with no explanation. I don't think they are getting paid off, I just think they are paranoid because people that are smart enough to operate a full blown operating system will find a way to capture the content, so they simply decided to kill support for it out of fear of customers ripping content.  So they only allow you to view the content on tiny screens with terrible resolution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-04T02:37:24+00:00

    I anyone still runs into this problem the only solution I found was downloading the app of the channel you want to watch and sign in that channel through your direct tv account. You don't get any of the direct tv on the go convenience but at least you can watch some of your fav shows

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-27T16:33:52+00:00

    HI John,

    Do you know this Directv app is one time payment of monthly payment?

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-07-26T21:12:42+00:00

    Its incredible there's no Win 10 app for DTV.

    So I' stuck using an old Samsung tablet

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-09-14T19:11:34+00:00

    Not the DirecTV app, but thank you for the suggestion to contact DirecTV about its absence.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments