DirecTv App not available on Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-09-10T05:54:07+00:00

Original title: DirecTv App

I have a DirecTV account that has an app for my phone and another tablet that I own that allows me to watch and control live TV from both devices. There is no such app for the surface yet and when I go to DirecTV's website to view programming it is not allowed on the surface, it warns that I must use the store but it don't exist on the store. Any hope for TV provider apps for the surface or is this something Microsoft is intentionally stopping? I noticed there is nothing for brighthouse, Comcast, timer warner etc. as well.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-03T18:44:08+00:00

    When it comes to the "Windows Store" there are a lot of things that don't make sense.

    As of the time of this post, there are over 600 million Windows 10 devices in active use.  Yet, the Windows Store would never suggest this.  Based on the amount of apps in the Windows Store, one would swear there are only like 5 million people using Windows 10.  There are hardly any apps in the Windows Store compared to the competition.

    But why?  Well, that's the "billions of dollars" question.

    For me, I personally think that Microsoft's Competitors PAY DEVELOPERS to "NOT" make apps for Windows.

    For example, Apple contacts DirecTV and asks them how much revenue would they gain by making an app for Windows 10.  DirecTV gives them a number.  Apple matches that number and tells them to not make the app.  DirecTV makes money for doing nothing, and Apple gets to flourish by eliminating a competing app store.

    It's a modern form of Anti-Competition.

    Now I understand that this sounds very Fanboy'ish, but if anyone else has a much better logical reason; please tell.  I would be really interested to know why developers would turn down over 600 million customers and it's potential revenue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-09-15T06:04:17+00:00

    I have watched my Directv DVR play list on my Windows 10 laptop.

    Step 1. Emulate a supported device. I used Nox & Android.

    Step 2. Install Directv App. And Bob's your uncle.

    This is only a work around, and it is a long way from bullet proof.

    So why did I say (I have watched)? I just had to reinstall everything.

    This time the Directv playback is high speed, like fast chipmunks.

    Both live and DVR playlist. I set the FPS in Android from 60 to 40, no change.

    I have deleted the App & reinstalled it, No joy.

    I just want to watch what I have on my DVR!

    Give it a try.  It just mite work for you.

    I have tried it.  The video quality through the Android app is reduced. It's not that great of a solution.  More of a workaround.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-09-15T04:48:22+00:00

    I have watched my Directv DVR play list on my Windows 10 laptop.

    Step 1. Emulate a supported device. I used Nox & Android.

    Step 2. Install Directv App. And Bob's your uncle.

    This is only a work around, and it is a long way from bullet proof.

    So why did I say (I have watched)? I just had to reinstall everything.

    This time the Directv playback is high speed, like fast chipmunks.

    Both live and DVR playlist. I set the FPS in Android from 60 to 40, no change.

    I have deleted the App & reinstalled it, No joy.

    I just want to watch what I have on my DVR!

    Give it a try.  It just mite work for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-07-16T04:37:26+00:00

    Well it 2017 and there is STILL the same problem...

    DIRECTV PLAYER 12.1.exe DOES NOT work on WINDOWS 8.1RT

    I cannot watch on my tablet (running win8.1rt) NOR my HTC ONE M8, also win8.1...no app...

    I agree with .Jrev2020...I'm really getting sick of the fact that everything is on the Apple devices (which I would never buy) and not on windows devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments