How can you use google play apps on the microsft surface RT?

Anonymous
2013-08-19T17:00:21+00:00

Please let me know if there is a way to use google play apps on a Surface RT.  I am trying to use an app that is only in the apple app store or google play store.  Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-28T13:59:32+00:00

    I made a $1000 plus mistake.  I hate apps but can't even get any to make this machine useful.  Xbox as a movie platform.  Really??  Can't use standard windows or android items, microsoft screwed up again and I am returning this thing asap.  When will they learn?  After the last windows disaster I suffered through, thinking of porting to a mac.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-01T14:13:02+00:00

    The point is, how can Microsoft say the Surface can replace your laptop, when you cant download ANYTHING except stuff from the Microsoft Store? (Which is very limited might I add) If I have a laptop with Windows on it, I am still able to download stuff like a desktop computer. The Surface is a cool idea, but it CANNOT replace a laptop unless all you do is play games and surf the web. My Nokia Lumia 928 is more useful and even it has issues regarding the EXTREMELY limited store. I understand that it's up to the app developers to make apps available for Windows Tablets/Phones, but Microsoft CAN try to convince/beg them to do so, but they choose not to. So UNLESS the store is expanded soon, I'm getting rid of my Surface and Nokia phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-06T13:11:10+00:00

    the pro realy does run full copies of x86 software the RT does not they are cut down versions of office,word and pp

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-06T13:07:43+00:00

    you can run android apps on a ms RT what you need is an x86 emulator for RT (there are some available just search) then you run one of the android emulators on that (until someone comes up with an android emulator foe RT)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-13T03:28:24+00:00

    and can someone please for all that is holy on this planet explain to me why I can get the surface to tablet with full office suite such as Word Excel PowerPoint etc cetera but then pay triple for a surface pro two and get no software?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments