How can you use google play apps on the microsft surface RT?

Anonymous
2013-08-19T17:00:21+00:00

Please let me know if there is a way to use google play apps on a Surface RT.  I am trying to use an app that is only in the apple app store or google play store.  Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-20T17:58:21+00:00

    I know I'm way late but you do realize you could use most Google apps on ios right?

    No, you can't run any Google/Android apps on iOS.

    There's a lot of overlap between the Android and iOS app catalog, but they aren't the same apps (as in the same version of the program). If an app shows up in both stores, then the developer chooses to release a version for Android and a version for iOS, and there are some apps that are exclusive to one or the other.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T08:42:55+00:00

    I made a $1000 plus mistake.  I hate apps but can't even get any to make this machine useful.  Xbox as a movie platform.  Really??  Can't use standard windows or android items, microsoft screwed up again and I am returning this thing asap.  When will they learn?  After the last windows disaster I suffered through, thinking of porting to a mac.

    you've just bought something for $1000 that hasn't been for sale for almost 1 year and that never cost $1000? and it is NOT a standard windows - that's why it's called Windows RT. it's not supposed to run android apps - it's not an android device.

    go ahead to a mac. oh wait, that's not a tablet, and will also not run android apps. makes sense.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-14T15:30:47+00:00

    wardntx <Removed for violation of CoC>.  When I said that it would be in MS best interest to allow their competitors products on their system that is exactly what I meant.  That does not mean that I expect them to do it or that I think it is up to Microsoft to make sure it happens but it sure takes a huge part on their end to allow it to happen. 

    I also agree that Chrome Book needs to allow MS or Apple apps into their Chrome or Android App store.  The thing is though that they do.   Developers have their apps on all platforms and it would be in the designers best interest such as MS to makes apps like words for Android and sell them.  They would make a killing.

    P.S. if you are going to cuss leave the forums.  It helps no one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-14T09:58:22+00:00

    I would definitely think that the product would sell more if they connect it to 'Google play' due to minimum apps. Recently my cousin had a choice to get an iPad or surface Rt for her birthday, but she choose the iPad because she said 'she wouldn't enjoy it as much without the apps that she likes'. So I got the surface Rt for my birthday but I'm kind of regretting it due to the boring app store.

    I would like Microsoft to put in concern to improve there product and many more people would actually buy the surface Rt

    :

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-12-01T14:47:45+00:00

    Chris Plotz

    Well, it sure as **** looks to me like you think it is up to MS to make sure an Android app will work on Win 8 /RT. Maybe you need to go ahead and get you a Chrome Book and then question why non Android Apps won't work on it! I am no fan of Win 8 either. In fact I think it sux on laptops and desktops, and I agree, the surface will be like the Zune. But you are still barking up the wrong tree here. MS can't possibly be expected to recode every app on google play.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments