where are bluetooth files????

Anonymous
2012-12-14T09:42:10+00:00

I managed to send files from my phone via bluetooth.

BUT.... where are these files stored??? In previous windows versions there was a Bluetooth Exchange Folder, but no such obvious place in Windows 8.

Please advise.

Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-02-19T05:19:59+00:00

    this doesn't help me at all

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-02-19T01:01:24+00:00

    I downloaded pictures from my phone via Bluetooth to my laptop with windows 10. Where do I find them?  I've looked in downloads pictures and on and on cant find them anywhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-12-27T06:31:37+00:00

    For Windows 10

    1. Get ready to send file from other device e.g. handphone
    2. On Win10, right-click Bluetooth icon on toolbar (far right hand side) and select "Receive a File", a window will pop-up
    3. Send the file from your device, you will see the process on the screen.
    4. When file has been received, change the location for storing the file (see image below).  It will save the file there, and will remain on the next download.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-15T16:15:55+00:00

    Yeah - MS help is pretty clueless.  Use the Google search engine (you did avoid installing Bing when Windows 10 was forced upon you, right?) to find more helpful answers.

    Here's what I found about getting Bluetooth files in Win10 (and was able to get my Bluetooth file):

    • Click on the ^ at the bottom right and select the Bluetooth icon
    • Click 'Add a Bluetooth device' to add your phone or whatnot
    • Click 'Receive a file'

    Clue to MS help - provide the answer, not a link to the answer.  You're most welcome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-05-06T08:53:30+00:00

    I found it in 'C:\Bluetooth\ExchangeFolder' for some reason but I assume since I brought the  Bluetooth adaptor rather than it being inbuilt they decided just to put it there. Then I went into the Control Panel, selected 'Bluetooth devices' and then under 'File Sharing' changed the folder. So now its gets sent to the Bluetooth folder in my documents (but you can put it where you like). Another way is to open "This PC" select 'My Bluetooth Devices' and select your device which in my case is my phone and then the 'Bluetooth Settings' will change from  grey to blue, click that and that will get you into the settings where you can see the 'File Sharing' tab and make the necessary changes. You can select two folders one for files and another for photos but I just set them to the folder in 'My Documents' to make it easier. I think the second method is easier and kind of better if you have more than one Bluetooth device you want to send things from so you can put them all in the same folder or this phone transfers go in this folder while this other device transfers goes into another folder. Whatever works best for you I guess. 

    Lewis

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments