It didn't work for my case. I ended up having to upgrade to the "Media Center Edition" and then everything worked fine. It was a $9.00 upcharge. I guess some people don't use Media Player, so they decided to break that out of the package.
Chuck
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have some video files that were converted from another format to mpg. They play perfectly on my WIndows 7 PC. I can use WMP and Movie Maker. I have a new PC with Windows 8. In either of those programs the videos play the sound only. No error messages. Don't know if I'm missing a CODEC or just what. Any thoughts?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
It didn't work for my case. I ended up having to upgrade to the "Media Center Edition" and then everything worked fine. It was a $9.00 upcharge. I guess some people don't use Media Player, so they decided to break that out of the package.
Chuck
It's like charging people extra for car windows that actually open .. yah .. typical
I have windows 10 but no video shows on media player only sound
its an mpg video
I have windows 10 but no video shows on media player only sound
its an mpg video
Do like everybody else: get VLC Media Player for Windows 10 64 bits, free desktop version in:
VLC video player is a free software and really great. I routinely use this program for all video formats.