It didn't work for my case. I ended up having to upgrade to the "Media Center Edition" and then everything worked fine. It was a $9.00 upcharge. I guess some people don't use Media Player, so they decided to break that out of the package.
Chuck
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have some video files that were converted from another format to mpg. They play perfectly on my WIndows 7 PC. I can use WMP and Movie Maker. I have a new PC with Windows 8. In either of those programs the videos play the sound only. No error messages. Don't know if I'm missing a CODEC or just what. Any thoughts?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
It didn't work for my case. I ended up having to upgrade to the "Media Center Edition" and then everything worked fine. It was a $9.00 upcharge. I guess some people don't use Media Player, so they decided to break that out of the package.
Chuck
Hi!
I just had this problem and ended up downloading VLC Media Player. My .mpg played w/ video in that.
Hope that helps!
Hello,
I followed your suggestion as you are an MVP I full trusted.
Unfortunately you should have known that the tool you suggested installed also some other trash on my pc.
So my adivice is NOT TO USE SHARK007 Codek Pack
LLAP
-g
It's taken me ages to figure out what was causing GoPro Studio to crash but now I've finally sussed it out. I also had the problem of .mpg files not playing correctly in Win8 (sound only) until I installed Media Centre and then they would play correctly. To find out which program stopped Gopro Studio working I started from scratch putting each program back on and then testing to see if Gopro Studio still worked everything went back on and none of the programs I installed had any effect on the Gopro stuff. It was n't until a few months later when I wanted to watch some mpg files and so had to install media centre that I found out as soon as it was installed then Gopro studio started crashing as soon as you clicked on the edit button and also system restore started crashing at the same time so you couldn't go back. Luckily and made a system image only 2 days before so I could restore that way. As soon as the system restored back from the image everything worked fine again, just to make sure (as I had the system image) I installed media centre again; and sure enough the Gopro software crashed and so did system restore, so if you install media centre to get your mpg files playing and you can't figure out why previously installed programs start crashing; it's because of Microsoft's penny pinching policy of not including the codecs as standard.
This codec worked for me. Was trying to play videos off of my camera but they would only play sound on my Windows 8 laptop. Downloaded this and they played with video. THanks!