I need a windows 7 disc. My eMachine came without one.. Getting this error: "There is an error with your installation. Please reinstall the application"

Anonymous
2013-05-05T23:55:55+00:00

I need a win 7 disc. Either full disc or restart disc. I cannot even start my computer. Continually get "Setup is starting services".  another window opes saying "Install Windows - There is an error with your installation. Please reinstall the application". This keeps coming up continually.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-13T22:14:07+00:00

Hello Steve,

Assuming that you were able to burn the Windows 7 ISO file to a DVD, that is your "Boot Media".  What may be happening is that your first boot device - the device your computer boots from - is not your DVD drive.

To get around this, reboot your computer and as you do press and hold the F12 key. That will bring up a menu that will allow you to select the DVD burner (player) as your first boot device. Select that, insert your DVD, and press any key to start the installation process.

Let me know if this helps you out.

Regards,

BearPup

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-05-18T19:01:07+00:00

    I will try to clear up the confusion. When I checked the CD Drive on this computer I borrowed from my son, it said CD Drive, I downloaded the IMGBurn file, I just took a chance and tried to burn the ISO File. I am just as confused as you. The file burned.

    I downloaded the BootMed file and will burn it today. I will keep up with you, I am going to burn the BootMed file and then I will let you know the results.

    Have A Blessed Day.

    Steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-05-18T07:07:40+00:00

    Hello,

    Yes, the process is the same. The download link for the ISO file you want is here: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24280.iso .

     

    Let me know if this fixes the issue for you.

     

    Regards,

    BearPup

    Hi BearPup

    Thanks for the very quick information.

    I'll let you know how I get on.

    Regards

    Luddite1965

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-05-18T01:01:43+00:00

    Hello Steve,

    This is a follow-up to my last post. I'm probably more confused now than earlier. The Pentium 3 computer running XP, is that "your" computer - the one we've been trying to fix? Regardless, is this the one that you've downloaded the ISO file to? Does it have a DVD or CD burner? Do you understand my confusion?

    Please try and "un-confuse" me! Thanks.

    Regards,

    BearPup

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-05-18T00:42:08+00:00

    Hello Steve,

    Well, I have to admit, I'm lost! You said you only had a CD player, so how did you manage to burn a DVD? And which ISO did you actually burn to a DVD? You see my confusion?

    What I would say is that your machine is not truly dead, but badly infected. By chance, did you download the BootMed ISO file from here:  http://download.cnet.com/BootMed-64Bit/3000-2094_4-75450831.html . If so, and you can burn that to a CD, you might yet salvage your system without needing the full-blown DVD image that you can't (?) make.

    So I need you to clear up my confusion by answering the above questions. I'd also suggest that you try the BootMed ISO and see if that will allow you to clean up your system (Read the full CNET blurb on how to use the BootMed CD). I know this has been a long process, just try not to jump ahead and we'll both be saved some confusion! OK? OK.

    Let me hear back from you.

    Regards,

    BearPup

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments