Wake up key on the keyboard does not work

Anonymous
2013-02-03T15:26:45+00:00

Original Title: "Wake-up" key in "Acer" keyboard Model Nº: 6312-TA of Windows XP Desktop PC.

¡Hello!

I have a Desktop PC "Windows XP" Home Edition SP3.

The keyboard is "Acer" Model No.: 6312-TA . It is about 2001, the keyboard.

The matter is that in the keyboard, there is a "Wake-up key".  But I don't know how to use it. One of the boys in the shop, where I bought it, tried the keyboard I took out of the Desktop PC  and tried it recently in a computer of the shop.

He said, it did not go.

There are two other keys, next to the "Wake-up" key, one is for putting the PC in "suspension" mode (and it is simbolized by a big "Z**"** followed by two or three smaller ones), and the third last is for shutting down (simbolized by a plug-drawing crossed out).

These last two keys go well.

Where could I find information on how to use this "Wake-up" key??

Should I change something in "Energy options" in "Control Panel"?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-14T14:39:08+00:00

    I do not know you should try to talk to customer service and ask them. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-14T14:24:54+00:00

    Hi!!

    I have already put the topic on the web.

    Besides, I do not find a section for "Acer keyboards", and I have put it in "Special Interest Discussions."

     but I do not get rapid response.

    Why is that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-11T15:00:32+00:00

    that is a title box not a question box:

    "keyboard, wake on lan key not functioning"

    above is an example.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-11T14:40:33+00:00

    Hi!!

    I can't put my message in "Ask a question".

    I have copied and pasted my first message of this topic in "Ask a question" of "Acer Support Community", and it can't.

    Space provided for my question , answers back something about 100 characters.

    I don't know whether it refers to the keyboard model or to the whole of the message.

    But it couldn't be to the whole, because one needs to explain things properly, could it?? .

    Please, help me .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-02-11T04:45:45+00:00

    Try and see, it costs nothing to register.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments