Does it do the same on all computers? If so - it could be a BAD DRIVE.
Can't open my external hard disk, it's saying to Format it.
Original title: Cant open my external hard disk
I cant open my external hard drive. It says I have to format it. In computer it just show Local Disk K but there is no storage reading.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-01-24T16:59:19+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-01-24T16:34:26+00:00 Hi.. Can someone please help me? I'm experiencing almost the same problem as these guys.. I need a personal help.. I have here external hard drive (toshiba) and it also says it needs to be formatted. I've tried so many things but those didn't work out.. Please reply to this comment if you're willing to help.. It would be a great help.. Thank you :)
-
Anonymous
2015-08-16T04:26:45+00:00 PLEASE HELP ME OUT COZ I AVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS THE GUY ABOVE HAVE PLEASE MAIL ME THE SOLUTION AT ******@gmail.com.
with regards
thanks .
really in need
-
Anonymous
2015-08-16T04:17:51+00:00 HEY FRIEND CAN YOU HELP ME OUT TOO. I HAVE THE EXACTLY SAME PROBLEM AS YOU HAVE. CAN YOU MAIL ME THE SOLUTION IN MY EMAIL ID ******@gmail.com.
WITH REGARDS THANK YOU
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more