Thanks this solved it for me, i did not want to lose the data at all and this fixed it for me. Thanks.
Can't open my external hard disk, it's saying to Format it.
Original title: Cant open my external hard disk
I cant open my external hard drive. It says I have to format it. In computer it just show Local Disk K but there is no storage reading.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2014-11-29T19:25:46+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-04-17T04:34:54+00:00 I was backing my files on my hard disc and I can not figure out what happened It will not open at all. What went wrong
-
Anonymous
2014-04-15T11:37:38+00:00 By definition: if you format the disk, the data is gone. At least any you do not have a proper backup (copy) of.
-
Anonymous
2014-04-15T08:13:05+00:00 Will the disk keep the data after I format it with this Easeus Partition Master Home Edition software?
-
Anonymous
2014-02-23T09:15:52+00:00 Hi Celine,
- Are you facing the issue with all the external devices you are trying to connect the computer?
- Did you try connecting the device to a different computer and check?
- Which version of Windows operating system are you using?
- Did you try the steps provided in the previous posts to fix the issue?
Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.