I get the error code 0x80072ee2, when i try to download apps from Windows store.

Anonymous
2013-04-05T07:58:47+00:00

Original Title:can not download from windows store.

My Windows Mail-app stopped working, so I deleted it, and tried to download a New. Then, after a while I get amessage: Can not install, error code 0x80072ee2

Got the same Message on other apps too

Can anyone help me With this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-10T03:17:07+00:00

Not sure if this will help, but my wife was getting the perpetual spinning circle when trying to launch the app store in Windows 8. We loaded Windows 8.1 and then still the same error, except we started getting error 0x80072ee2 when it would fail. After trying the "WSReset" and powershell scripts and many other suggestions I found online, I finally found the cause.

While the app screen is up (not desktop), go to the right hand side and bring up settings. Choose change PC settings. Then choose Network, then choose Proxy. There is a setting in Windows 8.1 that is "Use a proxy server". For us that was turned on and it should not have been. Turned it off and the app store loads fine now.

We could browse the internet and everything else fine before this change. The only behavior was that that we could not get the app store to load.

Hope this helps you and or others.

Thanks

Nick

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-07T19:54:17+00:00

    YES you are the one who saved my windows store

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-11T11:40:27+00:00

    Omg! Thank you ! I have been searching the internet for weeks trying to find a solution to fix this problem. I just did what you advised and presto I have a working App Store again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-08T13:16:21+00:00

    Sorry to inform,

    But this also didn't worked. I have tried every method that you had stated above. But the problem still persists. I am not able to download Pinball FX2. It shows status as Pending and then shows the error code by saying: Sorry to Install this File. Error Code 0x80072ee2. I don't know what to do. Please provide me with another Solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments