I get the error code 0x80072ee2, when i try to download apps from Windows store.

Anonymous
2013-04-05T07:58:47+00:00

Original Title:can not download from windows store.

My Windows Mail-app stopped working, so I deleted it, and tried to download a New. Then, after a while I get amessage: Can not install, error code 0x80072ee2

Got the same Message on other apps too

Can anyone help me With this?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-10T03:17:07+00:00

Not sure if this will help, but my wife was getting the perpetual spinning circle when trying to launch the app store in Windows 8. We loaded Windows 8.1 and then still the same error, except we started getting error 0x80072ee2 when it would fail. After trying the "WSReset" and powershell scripts and many other suggestions I found online, I finally found the cause.

While the app screen is up (not desktop), go to the right hand side and bring up settings. Choose change PC settings. Then choose Network, then choose Proxy. There is a setting in Windows 8.1 that is "Use a proxy server". For us that was turned on and it should not have been. Turned it off and the app store loads fine now.

We could browse the internet and everything else fine before this change. The only behavior was that that we could not get the app store to load.

Hope this helps you and or others.

Thanks

Nick

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-10T04:17:27+00:00

    Nick...Thanks!  That worked for me.  Hard to believe such an easy solution.

    Jeff

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-05T19:09:21+00:00

    Thank you Nick for this answer. I was going on 3 hours trying to fix this damn problem. I have no idea how this got turned on. I even started uninstalling apps thinking the apps where the problem. Then when I got into the store to re- install them I was getting this error in the store. It was driving me nuts. You saved me a lot more frustration.

    Thanks again,

    Mary W

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-28T01:50:40+00:00

    Thank you

    This fixed the windows store problem.

    I just Hope Microsoft will help get the word out about this fix.

    Honestly I really was about to wipe the drive and install windows 7, now I will keep using win 8.1

    Thanks agin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-03-22T03:34:56+00:00

    Thank you so much :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments