And when running the Uninstaller doesn't work ( it still shows up in my system tray after uninstall) what can I do after that.
Help to get rid of the Iminent Virus
My grandson has picked up the Iminent virus on his Toshiba laptop.
Have tried to uninstall without success
Have tried to do a restore, again without success
It has also affected the AVG on his system, tells us it is trying to uninstall but does not
Any help please
thanks
jw
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
See the following free removal guide from Malwaretips: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-iminent-toolbar/
43 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2014-02-24T13:41:00+00:00 This is the problem - I have uninstalled it from everywhere but the add-ons menu where it just won't let me. Thanx though.
-
Anonymous
2014-02-25T01:13:44+00:00 I found a program on my computer called "Browser Safeguard", once removed I thenremoved Iminent again and it has not came back.
-
Anonymous
2014-02-25T08:23:25+00:00 Ok i'll try that thanks