Help to get rid of the Iminent Virus

Anonymous
2013-05-13T07:52:32+00:00

My grandson has picked up the Iminent virus on his Toshiba laptop.

Have tried to uninstall without success

Have tried to do a restore, again without success

It has also affected the AVG on his system, tells us it is trying to uninstall but does not

Any help please

thanks

jw

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-02-02T23:53:29+00:00

And when running the Uninstaller doesn't work ( it still shows up in my system tray after uninstall) what can I do after that.

See:  http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-iminent-toolbar/

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-01-23T03:23:33+00:00

See the following free removal guide from Malwaretips:  http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-iminent-toolbar/

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-23T02:42:13+00:00

    Thank you I've done this and it gets rid of the "imminent" problem.  But when I reboot imminent comes back.  I also have ran regedit and removed "imminent" and "Favicon", but have to keep doing this.  Can you help with this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-02T01:09:46+00:00

    And when running the Uninstaller doesn't work ( it still shows up in my system tray after uninstall) what can I do after that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-02-18T21:41:50+00:00

    Your advice does not help. I have Windows 7. Iminent does not appear in my list of programs to uninstall. Also, if I go to google, tools, estensions, nothing shows for Iminent. Yet I am plagued by Iminent. Can you help? My email: ******@hotmail.co.uk

    Thanks, Peter

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments