And when running the Uninstaller doesn't work ( it still shows up in my system tray after uninstall) what can I do after that.
Help to get rid of the Iminent Virus
My grandson has picked up the Iminent virus on his Toshiba laptop.
Have tried to uninstall without success
Have tried to do a restore, again without success
It has also affected the AVG on his system, tells us it is trying to uninstall but does not
Any help please
thanks
jw
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
See the following free removal guide from Malwaretips: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-iminent-toolbar/
43 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-01-23T02:42:13+00:00 Thank you I've done this and it gets rid of the "imminent" problem. But when I reboot imminent comes back. I also have ran regedit and removed "imminent" and "Favicon", but have to keep doing this. Can you help with this?
-
Anonymous
2014-01-01T17:38:12+00:00 I also had this problem, even after I'd deleted the add-on and deleted all traces of Iminent I could find on my computer. I still had problems with Iminent. I did some research and installed an app called 'Should I Remove It?'. By deleteting the search feature etc. with that I now have absolutely no trouble with Iminent. It is also good for deleting any other unwanted add-ons/progams. It's very simple to use and worked perfectly for me.
Hope this helped someone
-
Anonymous
2013-11-14T03:41:32+00:00 Hi,
My friend has a wins7/IE10 laptop and had chrome and IE installed. Iminent was also present.
He uninstalled Chrome & since this, IE has stopped working and won't load. The error is consistently 'IE has stopped working'.
When trying to uninstall the Iminent toolbar, from Programs & Features, this gives the error of "Iminent Bootstrapper has stopped working" and won't allow any changes.
Have you any advice on what to do with this?
Thanks
I recommend posting your friend's issue to the Internet Explorer forum area.
-steve