Help to get rid of the Iminent Virus

Anonymous
2013-05-13T07:52:32+00:00

My grandson has picked up the Iminent virus on his Toshiba laptop.

Have tried to uninstall without success

Have tried to do a restore, again without success

It has also affected the AVG on his system, tells us it is trying to uninstall but does not

Any help please

thanks

jw

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-02-02T23:53:29+00:00

And when running the Uninstaller doesn't work ( it still shows up in my system tray after uninstall) what can I do after that.

See:  http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-iminent-toolbar/

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-01-23T03:23:33+00:00

See the following free removal guide from Malwaretips:  http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-iminent-toolbar/

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-14T23:15:57+00:00

    i had the same problem on both google chrome and Mozilla Firefox. i used the instructions stated above to uninstall it from google chrome but when i tried to do the same thing for mozilla firefox it told me that iminent had already been uninstalled, therefore meaning i couldnt use the same method as i had used with google. i simply uninstalled firefox and then reinstalled it which deleted iminent totally from my pc. also try reseting all add ons and settings

    i hope this helped.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-08-06T03:26:23+00:00

    Very strange indeed. I can't even speculate how the IE setting for that carried through a complete reset unless the original search/home page was set to that from the factory, thereby being embedded in your restore partition. I can't imagine that the author of this junk managed to infect your restore partition which is typically protected from modification.

    -steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-08-06T01:44:47+00:00

    Hi Stephen,

    I would like to find out if you know how I could have gotten this Iminent thing in the first place . I have just done a TOTAL Windows 8 reset, did not keep anything did the full reset. I haven't even done any windows updates or anything AT ALL. The very first thing I did was go to open Internet Explorer to find out hoe to upgrade to Windows 10 and when I opened IE it came to this imminent.com page by default as the home page. As I said I did NOTHING but a total reset and went right to IE. ????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments