And when running the Uninstaller doesn't work ( it still shows up in my system tray after uninstall) what can I do after that.
Help to get rid of the Iminent Virus
My grandson has picked up the Iminent virus on his Toshiba laptop.
Have tried to uninstall without success
Have tried to do a restore, again without success
It has also affected the AVG on his system, tells us it is trying to uninstall but does not
Any help please
thanks
jw
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
See the following free removal guide from Malwaretips: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-iminent-toolbar/
43 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2014-07-10T11:51:31+00:00 Hello aitch007,
Thank you for keeping us updated on the issue.
Let us know the result and please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.
Thank you.
-
Anonymous
2014-07-08T09:59:25+00:00 I got in touch with iminent and they gave me this code to get rid of it. It appears to have worked.
http://uninstall.iminent.com/download/?key=MTQwNTA2MjIyMA== hope it works
-
Anonymous
2014-05-30T14:39:38+00:00 Hi I had the same problem and tried everything I knew. Iminent wouldn't let me uninstall and tried various other ways, it was driving me crazy until I downloaded Malwayrebytes Anti Malware trial and thank goodness it has all gone. Hope this helps.