RECONNECT:FILE HISTORY DRIVE.

Anonymous
2013-04-04T06:42:51+00:00

I AM ON THE PAGE,RECONNECT YOUR DRIVE.A BIG RED CROSS TELLS ME WHERE ,BUT NOTHING WORKS.TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK 850L SATELLITE RUNNING WINDOWS 8 .3 MONTHS OLD,CHANGED SECURITY FROM TO AVG.NOTHING I READ TELLS ME HOW TO!!NOT CLICK HERE AND THERE.JUST WONT RECCONECT.OH! INTERNAL DRIVE.IM 67 YRS OLD ,FIRST COMPUTER.IT SEEMS THAT PROBLEMS ARE BUILT IN FOR A HUGE REPAIR SYSTEM.THERE MUST BE A SOLUTION TO CONNECT WITHOUT CONNECTING AN EXTERNAL DRIVE.IF I BUY ONE AND THIS DOESNT FIX THE PROBLEM,WHERE ARE THE EXPERTS!!HELLO I AM JERRY..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-08-12T04:22:16+00:00

    What links I can't find anything about fixing it !

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-24T03:58:54+00:00

    No help at all, it's rediculious.  I have 3 brand new USB flash drives and discs Ive tried everything it does not recognize anything.   I have a  lot of stuff on this lap top I've paid for some packages and would expect it could save a back up.  NOPE  Ive spent days and ddays and im pretty good with computers.  I cant wait to go back to MAC.  I never had one problem also never had to pay for security.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-07T14:40:46+00:00

    I also did run a backup on external drive. After reading this last post. I see that I needed to plug it back in and tell it to save.

    Hopefully this is the fix.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-07-04T07:23:10+00:00

    Hi Giony,

    Let’s try these methods and check if it helps.

    Method 1: Uninstall and then reconnect the external hard drive

    This method resolves issues where the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt.

    a. Press Windows Key + X, click on Device Manager.

    b. Click Disk Drives from the list of hardware.

    c. Right-click the USB external hard drive with the issue, and click Uninstall.

    d. After the hard drive is uninstalled, unplug the USB cable.

    e. Wait for 1 minute and then reconnect the USB cable. The driver should automatically load (You may also try installing latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website).

    f. Check for the USB drive in Windows Explorer.

    Method 2: Set up a drive for File History

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/set-drive-file-history

    For more information, refer to the link.

    **How to use File History** ****

    Do let us know about the results. We will be happy to assist you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments