RECONNECT:FILE HISTORY DRIVE.

Anonymous
2013-04-04T06:42:51+00:00

I AM ON THE PAGE,RECONNECT YOUR DRIVE.A BIG RED CROSS TELLS ME WHERE ,BUT NOTHING WORKS.TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK 850L SATELLITE RUNNING WINDOWS 8 .3 MONTHS OLD,CHANGED SECURITY FROM TO AVG.NOTHING I READ TELLS ME HOW TO!!NOT CLICK HERE AND THERE.JUST WONT RECCONECT.OH! INTERNAL DRIVE.IM 67 YRS OLD ,FIRST COMPUTER.IT SEEMS THAT PROBLEMS ARE BUILT IN FOR A HUGE REPAIR SYSTEM.THERE MUST BE A SOLUTION TO CONNECT WITHOUT CONNECTING AN EXTERNAL DRIVE.IF I BUY ONE AND THIS DOESNT FIX THE PROBLEM,WHERE ARE THE EXPERTS!!HELLO I AM JERRY..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-06T17:27:33+00:00

    No, I did not use a usb port.

    An error report states that file history need to be reconnected ????     HOW !!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-05T21:53:20+00:00

    it is internal drive

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-05T09:13:46+00:00

    Why did you use a usb port to access the  internal hard drive to access the  file history drive  Are you confirming that the file history drive is an internal drive or not?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-05T08:24:07+00:00

    I never had an external drive so now that I receive a  message saying that my file history drive somehow became disconnected  and the message is telling me to "reconnect"  my file history drive this must refer to a drive that is not external.

    Yes, it's the internal Hard Drive.  I don't know what happened with mine I had a recent change in Internet providers and suddenly my Updates are all successful. So I think there was a glitch as so many people have had this reconnect your drive message.

    I use to have a  lot of problems with updates even going thru, it seems to have fixed it, I went in the File reconnect used a USB, formatted it,  which it will prompt anyway and turned it on.  Now no problems  I can look at it again if you want me too?   let me no.  Good luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments