RECONNECT:FILE HISTORY DRIVE.

Anonymous
2013-04-04T06:42:51+00:00

I AM ON THE PAGE,RECONNECT YOUR DRIVE.A BIG RED CROSS TELLS ME WHERE ,BUT NOTHING WORKS.TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK 850L SATELLITE RUNNING WINDOWS 8 .3 MONTHS OLD,CHANGED SECURITY FROM TO AVG.NOTHING I READ TELLS ME HOW TO!!NOT CLICK HERE AND THERE.JUST WONT RECCONECT.OH! INTERNAL DRIVE.IM 67 YRS OLD ,FIRST COMPUTER.IT SEEMS THAT PROBLEMS ARE BUILT IN FOR A HUGE REPAIR SYSTEM.THERE MUST BE A SOLUTION TO CONNECT WITHOUT CONNECTING AN EXTERNAL DRIVE.IF I BUY ONE AND THIS DOESNT FIX THE PROBLEM,WHERE ARE THE EXPERTS!!HELLO I AM JERRY..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-07-04T06:17:07+00:00

    I AM ON THE PAGE,RECONNECT YOUR DRIVE.A BIG RED CROSS TELLS ME WHERE ,BUT NOTHING WORKS.TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK 850L SATELLITE RUNNING WINDOWS 8 .3 MONTHS OLD,CHANGED SECURITY FROM TO AVG.NOTHING I READ TELLS ME HOW TO!!NOT CLICK HERE AND THERE.JUST WONT RECCONECT.OH! INTERNAL DRIVE.IM 67 YRS OLD ,FIRST COMPUTER.IT SEEMS THAT PROBLEMS ARE BUILT IN FOR A HUGE REPAIR SYSTEM.THERE MUST BE A SOLUTION TO CONNECT WITHOUT CONNECTING AN EXTERNAL DRIVE.IF I BUY ONE AND THIS DOESNT FIX THE PROBLEM,WHERE ARE THE EXPERTS!!HELLO I AM JERRY..

    "Errors"

    1. Your files will be temporarily copied to your hard drive until you reconnect your File History drive and run a backup.
    2. File History doesn't recognize this drive "removable Disk (D:)" unkown error
    3. We can't copy your files to this location
    4. Your current File History drive is diconnected.
    5. Reconnect the drive and try again.

    This is my problem as well.  What is happening is, when the "USB STICK" or External Drive is plugged in.  Win 8 has a Red X.  Not allowing for the File History to Start the Copying process. Help Us Please "SOS"

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-09T22:01:09+00:00

    Stephanie Currell, I dont undertand anything!

    I received a message saying that you have replied to this File History problem. And I don't see your reply.

    I am very old and I try to do what is convenient, but, I didn't have this problem before installing to W10.

    I would need a little manual for kids to do it. Lol

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-12T19:59:18+00:00

    I am also getting this message and when I go through the motions and try to select a drive it tells me none can be found. History Files is on and trying to send drive E. Cant get my wireless printer to work on either of my computers running 8.1. Both printers set up and when I send files it loads up my printer with jibberish.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-05T03:42:37+00:00

    thank you sharief .k for your advice,but this does not answer my problem.all the answers are the same.when I am on the page with the big red cross saying my drive is disconnected,run now,etc,my pointer will not activate anthing.i noticed this happened on feb 7th. I am thinking I have turned off some thing that wont let me reconnect,so its buried way back in a bunch of files which I do not understand how to use. most people are posing the same question,and getting the wrong answer! ifeel it is a high tech question. when a computer is set up it has protocols in place to block any moves to reconnect unless you are tech savvy.i am not.can you help?? thanks aussie jerry..

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments