Print the document to OneNote,
use the stylus for comments
print the document as PDF
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi I'm a college student and I am just wondering if I could write on my pdf lecture notes or do I have to send it to OneNote first?
Thanks guys. ��
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Print the document to OneNote,
use the stylus for comments
print the document as PDF
This response is mystifying. The student wants to write on a PDF but he cannot do it. Responding with the question "Which app are you using to write on PDF files" totally begs the question. The student clearly says he cannot write on the files. Ergo, he is not using any app and is not currently writing on PDFs. Your response should have been either "sorry, you cannot perform this function" or "You can perform this function by using a third-party app such as [identify apps].
I have the same issue. I am an attorney. I want to make handwritten notes on PDF files using my Surface Pro 3. The OneNote program is buggy and I cannot write on PDFs using that program.
On my iPad, I use NotesPlus and it works fine. But I don't want to use the ipad -- I want to use my Surface Pro 3.
Just answer the question directly -- tell us in simple English whether you can make hand-written notes on the Surface Pro and if yes, explain how we do it. Do not simply use one of the canned answers that MS provides. Type up an answer that directly relates to the question and provides a clear answer. Thank you.
I manage to sign / make notes from Surface 3 Pro on PDF documents. I manage this by opening PDF with Reader application, which I understand is part of Windows 10 package.
Hi Kennedy
I tend to edit and hand-markup a lot of technical documents and drawings which come to me in PDF form. And I need to retain them in PDF format, so using this OneNote workaround doesn't cut it.
Here's what's worked for me and not
I find when i am reading and marking up peer-reviewed technical documents (and so all i am doing is highlighting), i tend to use drawboard.
But when I have heavy editing and drawing and scribbling, then I use PDF Annotator.
Hope that helps. Any other PDF editors you know of, I'd be interested in finding out about and trying.
Java.
I don't find Acrobat XI to work with a stylus.
Since I last replied to this thread, I found a great free app that can write with a style on all PDFs in any color: Xodo. I really like it. So no more Windows Reader for me, Xodo to use a style to mark up my PDF files.
I'd be happy to pay for an app that did this, but so far, I can't find one that is NOT free.
Hi I'm a college student and I am just wondering if I could write on my pdf lecture notes or do I have to send it to OneNote first?
Thanks guys. ��
Hi,
Open the PDF using the "Reader" app that comes with Surface. To do that, right click on the PDF, select "Open With" and then select "Reader". The icon for Reader looks like a book with the pages flipping.
Once you open the document with Reader you should be able to take notes on it with the stylus. To save the notes, right click in reader and it should give you save options, export options, etc.
I'm no computer expert, but this worked for me so I thought I'd share.
Good luck!